Good deal on a Snell 2010 helmet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good deal on a Snell 2010 helmet

Found this on LS2 and bought one so I will pass it on here if anyone needs a new helmet. Pretty damn good deal if you ask me.

http://www.motorcyclegear.com/street...le_helmet.html

Technically, bike helmets are rated differently then automobile helmets (MA & SA I think). The bike helmets may not have a fire retardant liner like auto helmets are supposed to have. The thinking is that you will most likely be thrown from from the bike and fire isn't a danger like it is inside of a car.

Some tracks may not accept the bike helmets for cars, so do your homework.

Randy
    www.NorthstarDetailSupply.com
    Green four door Chevy

Comment

10:7 HELMET
      As outlined under Class Requirements, drivers in all classes,
      including motorcycles, must wear a helmet meeting Snell or SFI
      Specifications.
      SFI Spec 31.1A = Snell SA, open-face helmet
      SFI Spec 31.2A = Snell SA full-face helmet
      SFI Spec 41.1A = Snell M, open-face helmet
      SFI Spec 41.2A = Snell M full-face helmet
      Full-face helmet mandatory on all cars 9.99 or quicker. See
      individual Class Requirements for additional requirements. Shield
      mandatory 7.49 and quicker.
      Drivers of NHRA Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series and E.T. cars (13.99
      or quicker) must use a helmet meeting Snell SA2000, M2000,
      SA2005, M2005, M2010, or SFI 31.1A, 31.2A, 31.1/2005, 41.1A,
      41.2A, or 41.1/2005 Specs. Drivers in supercharged, front-engine,
      open-bodied cars and Funny Cars must wear a helmet meeting
      Snell SA2000, SA2005 or SFI 31.1A, 31.2A, or 31.1/2005 Specs.
      See Class Requirements.

Looks to me like it would be good. The 2000's are now expired.

Comment

Some events won't accept the M rating, only the S or SA for auto events like road course days.

Randy
        Green four door Chevy

Comment

those are nhra rules so no nhra track is gonna tell one his helmet isnt legal if it falls under there rules. dont know whats so hard to understand about that
          the victim had semen on his trousers

Comment

I am sure the Rock won't care as long as it is a snell 2010 helmet.

Comment

Got the new helmet today and it's really nice. Guessed on the sized based on my other one and it's right. Lot's o vents and stuff, going to take me a while to get used to a full face model but for that price it will be ok.

Comment

better check with haulnss to get his ok before you use at the track

Comment

Originally posted by Quadroflux View Post
                  better check with haulnss to get his ok before you use at the track
                  I was only trying to help and inform that not all helmets are equal and to make sure the rating meets the requirements of the sanctioning body where you race.

If you have a problem with someone trying to help fellow enthusiasts buy the correct safety equipment (and possibly save money, too), feel free to pound sand.

Randy
                  Green four door Chevy

Comment

Originally posted by HAULNSS View Post
                    I was only trying to help and inform that not all helmets are equal and to make sure the rating meets the requirements of the sanctioning body where you race.

If you have a problem with someone trying to help fellow enthusiasts buy the correct safety equipment (and possibly save money, too), feel free to pound sand.

Randy

I think they were joking aroung with you.

Comment

Can we just all have some fun once and a while. :laughing smile:

Comment

Randy
                        he knew what the nhra rules are and you tell him they might not accept a nhra approved helmet? geez

Comment

Originally posted by Quadroflux View Post
                          he knew what the nhra rules are and you tell him they might not accept a nhra approved helmet? geez
                          I didn't tell him they might not accept it. I stated that other sanctioning bodies may not accept it.

The helmet may be approved for NHRA, but it may not be approved if for some road racing, SCCA, or open track events as they have their own requirements for safety gear. Not everyone uses the NHRA guidelines. That is the point I was trying to make so that someone didn't buy a new helmet only to find out it may not work for some non-NHRA events they attend.

If all you plan on racing is NHRA then buy a helmet that meets their requirements. If you do a variety of events that are run by different organizations, then I'd recommend buying one helmet that meets the requirements of all those groups.

Geez.
                          Green four door Chevy

Comment

Haulnss makes a good point. I think I'll probably get the highest rated one so it'll be good for a few years. Not sure I'll ever do SCCA though. After riding with mr.hp at the power cruise, I might be converted and dont want to have to buy two helmets.

Comment

I didn't tell him they might not accept it. I stated that other sanctioning bodies may not accept it.

The helmet may be approved for NHRA, but it may not be approved if for some road racing, SCCA, or open track events as they have their own requirements for safety gear. Not everyone uses the NHRA guidelines. That is the point I was trying to make so that someone didn't buy a new helmet only to find out it may not work for some non-NHRA events they attend.

If all you plan on racing is NHRA then buy a helmet that meets their requirements. If you do a variety of events that are run by different organizations, then I'd recommend buying one helmet that meets the requirements of all those groups.

Geez.

Hey Randy, How's it going. Ya I got it because it was ok for drag racing but I think you are right on the other stuff. Kind of funny that you can race at powercruise and can go up to 155mph and not have to wear a helmet. I guess I was dumb for doing that too. Next year I will be wearing one for sure. Crap I go 132mph in 1/4 of a mile and wear a helmet I would not hurt me in that racing either.

Comment

Working...
                              X