Cruising tonight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cruising tonight?

Finally got the exhaust fixed on the GN. Figured I'd go cruising tonight. Anyone else going to be out & about?

Joel
    There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Hey Joel! I think I'm in for the night. Should be a good sized crowd in SP tonite though.

Comment

Wish there were some place to cruise too. I hear they are now getting kicked out of Sears for making a mess and doing burnouts there now. I would go down to wagner's but I am not sure if it's open after 9pm.

Comment

You should open up a new burger joint. You could call it Mr.Hp's

Comment

Glenn,

Great idea! I can see it now. Mr HP's Hot-rodder's Haven. Where every night is car night. Discounts to local car-club members and anyone who shows up in a classic, collector, or performance car. Theme nights during the week & a judged all-years show on the weekends.

Regarding cruising - back when they eliminated cruising in the Lake/Hennepin area, people found a new spot. When they eliminated cruising in Anoka, people found a new spot. For decades, the Uni/Porky's cruise was considered to be one of the top 5 car-guy cruises in the US. If I remember correctly, it even made it to #3 in a couple of the car magazines. I never would have guessed that a tradition like that would be snuffed out in a heartbeat. What a frickin' shame....

Took the GN out last night & stopped by Har-Mar for a bit. There weren't very many cars & I only saw maybe 3 or 4 of the of the old Porky's regulars. But then it was 9:30 by the time I got there & they kick 'em out shortly after 10 PM. Regarding Sears - I heard that they removed the no trespassing signs & that people are going there again. Some of the guys were headed there last night, but it was already 10:30, so I decided to go home. Damn - I'm starting to sound like an old fart.

Felt great to get behind the wheel again. The furthest I had driven the GN so far this year was 10 miles for its spring oil change. The shop that fixed the exhaust was great. (M. L. Auto in Ham Lake.) The owner even gave me a ride back home. He only charged 75 bucks, and I know he had to spend a lot more time on it than that. I'm bringing it back in a week or so to have the rear bushing on the passenger side upper control-arm replaced. TRs are noted for eating the rear bushing because the downpipe is only an inch away. The original one went out at 90k. I figured that I might as well do it all while I was at it - so I installed a full set of PST polygraphite front/rear suspension bushings & body bushings, new tie-rod ends, ball-joints, Pittman arm, idler-arm, front/rear wheel bearings, shocks, and brakes. 100k later & the downpipe has now eaten the polygraphite bushing. This time, I ordered a control-arm bushing heat shield from Dennis Kirban. Reports say that it completely eliminates the problem. I'm really looking forward to getting back the tight steering & handling that I've been used to all these years.

I'll probably be out again tonight if the T-storms miss us.

Joel
          There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

I will make a new place to eat and cruise once you guys give me the money to get it started.
            RULE No. 1 No tcs'er allowed
            RULE No. 2 Re read rule No.1:laughing smile:

I will go out lateer too if the rain stays away

Comment

Originally posted by MR.hp View Post
              I will make a new place to eat and cruise once you guys give me the money to get it started.
              RULE No. 1 No tcs'er allowed
              RULE No. 2 Re read rule No.1:laughing smile:

I will go out lateer too if the rain stays away
              Careful...you may upset some of the tcs gang (and owner)
              And as always...

Comment

Went out for a bit last night, no one was out. Nice drive anyway. Killed a honduh on the way home. I hate it wehn people call me names and say my car is slow.:laughing smile:

Comment

Well....

I didn't go out last night. Looks like there's more to my exhaust leak than I thought. Fixed the leak at the wastegate outlet, but the stub-pipe to downpipe joint is also leaking a bit. I worked on it today, but couldn't get it to stop. The pipe-ends are pretty much shot from 140,000 miles of glowing bright yellow. Might need to order a new 3" downpipe to fix it right.

On a positive note - while the GN was at the shop for the wastegate leak last Friday, a friend of the shop owner who happens to work at an auto interior & upholstery shop stopped by. He noticed my car, saw the sagging headliner, and told the owner that he'd redo it for $150 at home - which is half the regular price.

Joel.
                  Last edited by Fast One; 08-26-2012, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X