Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to find a good deal on a rebuilt transmission?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to find a good deal on a rebuilt transmission?

I have a friend who has a '99 Buick Regal GS with the L67 supercharged motor. I'm pretty sure these cars came with the 4T65E-HD transmission.

His tranny is shot so he wants to know what a rebuilt tranny will cost him, and where he can get a decent deal.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

I went to Richfield transmission with my grand national,they did a good job,not sure if its the same owners though since this was 15 years ago.

Comment

Yeah, I've known Charlie for years. He bought a Chev Duramax crew from me years ago. He also raced a black '65 Chevelle 2dr post at BIR. Call 612-866-0009 and ask for Charlie. Use my name as reference.

Comment

Master Transmission in Rosmount is another great shop. John has rebuilt GN transmissions for some of the local club members, and comes highly recommended. He's also a racer. I had him replace some hard parts in my GN's trans, and I had him do a full rebuild on the rear end. Excellent work.

http://mastertransmission.com/index.html

Joel
        There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

Cool thanks for the info guys

Comment

I have had Master trans. do a few trans for myself and have sent others there, also with great results. Great rebuilds at reasonable cost.

Comment

Yeah, I've heard JR saying good things about Master Trans.

Comment

I've had 2 transmissions from Master as well.
                I am a total tool here and do not care about anyone but myself

Comment

Charlie may not be there.You may be talking with Dale Lande at Richfield.

Comment

Working...
                  X