X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found this another site LMFAO

Found this on another site. This is so true. :lol::laughing smile:

http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=248497

Pretty much the same crap I've received since I bought my 2000 SS. I remember cruising over on uni by McDonalds and a group of Mustang guys with roll cages and motors sticking outa their hoods gave me dirty looks. I looked at my wife and said "what did I do?" My car was bone stock at the time but it appeared that my SS made their blood boil. lol

When I used to cruise in my SS-454, I never saw that type of anger, glare or disrespect from the Ford guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Z28SSMAN View Post
      Pretty much the same crap I've received since I bought my 2000 SS. I remember cruising over on uni by McDonalds and a group of Mustang guys with roll cages and motors sticking outa their hoods gave me dirty looks. I looked at my wife and said "what did I do?" My car was bone stock at the time but it appeared that my SS made their blood boil. lol

When I used to cruise in my SS-454, I never saw that type of anger, glare or disrespect from the Ford guys.
      I have been making ferd guys mad for years. Look at Joe, Kicked his ass at the track and he is still trying to beat the old red RS Camaro.:laughing smile:

Comment

Originally posted by Z28SSMAN View Post

Could it have been more of a new-school vs. old-school thing - rather than a Ford vs. Chevy thing? Over the years, I've noticed similar reactions to my GN from some of the old-school guys. Can't say that I've noticed worse behavior from the Ford guys than any of the others. However, I have noticed that it is much more common for old-school hot-rodders to outwardly show disrespect for anything new than it is for guys who are into new-tech to show outwardly show disrespect for old-school hot-rods. Going faster by improving efficiency impresses me far more than going faster by simply increasing displacement or revving higher. But I would never think of bashing those who prefer a carbureted, 500-cube stroker with a distributor over a direct-injected, 250-cube quad-valve twin-turbo with COP ignition. To me, it doesn't matter what it says on the nameplate or what's under the hood. If it's fast, quick, nimble, well-engineered, elegant, rare, unusual, creative, historically significant, restored, tastefully modified, a well-kept original, new, old, or in-between - it's cool.

Bottom line - the car hobby is supposed to be about having fun. If it's fun for you, that's what counts. No hot-rodder has the right to ridicule what is fun for another. Besides - we already have more than our share of natural enemies lurking about. We surely don't need to create enemies from within.

Joel
        There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

Originally posted by Fast One View Post
          Could it have been more of a new-school vs. old-school thing - rather than a Ford vs. Chevy thing? Over the years, I've noticed similar reactions to my GN from some of the old-school guys. Can't say that I've noticed worse behavior from the Ford guys than any of the others. However, I have noticed that it is much more common for old-school hot-rodders to outwardly show disrespect for anything new than it is for guys who are into new-tech to show outwardly show disrespect for old-school hot-rods. Going faster by improving efficiency impresses me far more than going faster by simply increasing displacement or revving higher. But I would never think of bashing those who prefer a carbureted, 500-cube stroker with a distributor over a direct-injected, 250-cube quad-valve twin-turbo with COP ignition. To me, it doesn't matter what it says on the nameplate or what's under the hood. If it's fast, quick, nimble, well-engineered, elegant, rare, unusual, creative, historically significant, restored, tastefully modified, a well-kept original, new, old, or in-between - it's cool.

Bottom line - the car hobby is supposed to be about having fun. If it's fun for you, that's what counts. No hot-rodder has the right to ridicule what is fun for another. Besides - we already have more than our share of natural enemies lurking about. We surely don't need to create enemies from within.

Joel
          Well said.

Car guys should just enjoy whatever car they enjoy. The Ford guys shouldn't give the Chev guys a hard time for driving something different. And the Chev guys shouldn't give the Ford guys a hard time for driving something inferior.

Comment

Originally posted by HOTCIVIC View Post
            Well said.

Car guys should just enjoy whatever car they enjoy. The Ford guys shouldn't give the Chev guys a hard time for driving something different. And the Chev guys shouldn't give the Ford guys a hard time for driving something inferior.
            That deserves a

To steal a line from Larry - I don't care who ya are, that's funny right there!

Joel
            There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

Working...
            X