Gerald's Impression of the new V6 Mustang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gerald's Impression of the new V6 Mustang

I would like to see if we could get his review of the latest V6 mustang. Some tools around town think these cars are ubber fast :rotfl: but I am sure Gerald has schooled them about the finer points of this fine machine.

Gerald please give us you honest opinion on this matter.

Just so you know there was a new edge Mach I running 14.50's at the rock this weekend, so I think the V6 Phoochstang and the mach should be a good race. Winner gets a box of tootsie rolls

Oh no this thread looks to have some fail in it

Comment

Didn't you know Mach 1s run 12s stock?

Comment

More trolling?
        1966 Mustang Fastback 2+2
        2012 Ford Mustang GT convertible
        2013 Ford F-150 FX4 ECOBOOST
        1971 Chevrolet Chevelle SS 454 Clone

and others. :)

Comment

Listen guys, I know you all probably think that a V6 Mustang is not the world's fastest car. But you are wrong.

I want to tell you about an experience I had a while back. It was 4 years ago, I was only 19 at the time, and I made a decision to rent a '11 V6 Mustang automatic. It was a beautiful baby-shit green with stock 16 inch wheels and a 6 speed manual transmission. This car was gorgeous. It was like angels were singing and a beam of light from heaven shined directly on the car. It came from the factory with 315 horsepower but it was underrated and really put down 450 rwhp stock and 41 mpg city.

After picking up the car at the airport on a business trip to Santa Fe, New Mexico, I immediately went to the dragstrip and clicked off an 11.6 @ 126 mph without even changing the tire pressure. Some clown in a 2012 SS Camaro asked me what I had done to it, and I told him, "Look Chevy idiot, this is a rental. It's bone stock. Now take your ugly gas guzzler Camaro and get the hell out of here."

So when I was leaving the track this guy in the Camaro followed me and pulled up next to me on the interstate. I signaled for him to roll down the window and I asked him what his instant mpg's were on his screen - he said 24 mpg - I laughed and told him I was getting 50 mpg because I had a V6. Then I asked him if he wanted to run em, and he signaled on 3. We were cruisin at about 80 mph so I honked 3 times and punched it - and my tires instantly started spinning (but I knew how to correct because back in '86 I went to Dick Scoggin racing school) so I got the car under control and full throttle shifted into 3rd gear and when I did that, my little rental car V6 Mustang hit 150 mph and created a sonic boom which made the Camaro explode. RIP Camaro guy.

Moral of the story: If you wanna go fast, buy a V6 rental Mustang. There is no better muscle car out there.

Comment

I picked up a number of mental pics from that entertaining editorial.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerald View Post
              Listen guys, I know you all probably think that a V6 Mustang is not the world's fastest car. But you are wrong.

I want to tell you about an experience I had a while back. It was 4 years ago, I was only 19 at the time, and I made a decision to rent a '11 V6 Mustang automatic. It was a beautiful baby-shit green with stock 16 inch wheels and a 6 speed manual transmission. This car was gorgeous. It was like angels were singing and a beam of light from heaven shined directly on the car. It came from the factory with 315 horsepower but it was underrated and really put down 450 rwhp stock and 41 mpg city.

After picking up the car at the airport on a business trip to Santa Fe, New Mexico, I immediately went to the dragstrip and clicked off an 11.6 @ 126 mph without even changing the tire pressure. Some clown in a 2012 SS Camaro asked me what I had done to it, and I told him, "Look Chevy idiot, this is a rental. It's bone stock. Now take your ugly gas guzzler Camaro and get the hell out of here."

So when I was leaving the track this guy in the Camaro followed me and pulled up next to me on the interstate. I signaled for him to roll down the window and I asked him what his instant mpg's were on his screen - he said 24 mpg - I laughed and told him I was getting 50 mpg because I had a V6. Then I asked him if he wanted to run em, and he signaled on 3. We were cruisin at about 80 mph so I honked 3 times and punched it - and my tires instantly started spinning (but I knew how to correct because back in '86 I went to Dick Scoggin racing school) so I got the car under control and full throttle shifted into 3rd gear and when I did that, my little rental car V6 Mustang hit 150 mph and created a sonic boom which made the Camaro explode. RIP Camaro guy.

Moral of the story: If you wanna go fast, buy a V6 rental Mustang. There is no better muscle car out there.

:lol2::laughing smile::laughing smile::laughing smile::funny shit::rotfl::lol:

Comment

lol Dick Scoggin? What the hell?

I thought the GM Hi Perf parts place was Scoggin Dickey. lol

http://sdparts.reachlocal.com/?scid=..._id=5873201138

Comment

Originally posted by Gerald View Post

Funniest damn thing I have ever read :laughing smile:

Comment

Originally posted by mark5
                    Yes I did race it at Elko last night and yes it will beat your stock GT or lightly modded if its not 2011 or newer :) and yep it still gets 30 mpg. By the way it will go sideways when throttled down the back straight :)
                    Above is a quote from my buddy on TCS who has a 2011 V6 Stang muscle car, and I did that just to forewarn any of you racers out there. If you want to challenge me or any of my friends who have 2011 V6 Mustangs, you better meet us at Elko for some circle track racing. Because let's be honest, nothing will replicate the real world performance of a muscle car like driving around in a circle.

If Elko is too much for you, then meet me at the 494/394 clover leaf and we will race around that. I've already challenged some of the meat heads over at TCStangs to a grueling 30 minute 494/394 cloverleaf race. To my knowledge, no one is man enough to accept. Probably cuz most of those dummies have ugly k-car lookin 5.0 foxbodies that are gas guzzlers and ruin the environment with their pollution and rubber-particle-residue from their slicks that ruin our streets, trees and ozone layer.

Comment

Makes a guy proud to be part of the Mustang crowd!

Comment

Wow, this thread "IS" pretty funny. Reminds me of the book I read when I was a little boy.

My first mustang by little Kirky.

I will have to see if I can find that book and read it to myself before I go to bed tonight.

Comment

This documentary has changed my opinion of the V6 Mustang.

Previously, I viewed it as a slow and ugly vehicle which was the choice of teenage girls across America.

Now I view it as a world beater. A super car so advanced, it has no real competition.

Comment

As John the tranny guy used to say...this (thread) is about as useless as tits on a boar hog.

Comment

Originally posted by HOTCIVIC View Post
                              This documentary has changed my opinion of the V6 Mustang.

Previously, I viewed it as a slow and ugly vehicle which was the choice of teenage girls across America.

Now I view it as a world beater. A super car so advanced, it has no real competition.
                              I know what you mean, I was thinking of getting a new 5.0 stang but hell the V6 has the 5.0 beat hands down and with the TCS edition which inc. real genuine imitaion leather seats and fake cobra badge who the hell could resist getting a new V6 mustang. I am going to the dealer tonight to trade my LT1 car in and have me a world class killer car.:rotfl:

Comment

Working...
                              X