Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collector-car insurance - Hagerty vs Grundy

Fellow curmudgeons.....

Do any of you have experience with Hagerty & Grundy?

Joel
    There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Originally posted by Fast One View Post
    Fellow curmudgeons.....

Do any of you have experience with Hagerty & Grundy?

Joel
    I had Grundy and they were expensive. I recently went to Congdon Skelly and the people were nice to seal with and I saved almost a 1/3 over Grundy, with 3 car now being insured over 2 with Grundy. Funny thing was when I canceled out my policy they matched Skelly's price. I said no thanks.

Comment

Congdon Skelly? Where are based out of?

Comment

Originally posted by Z28SSMAN View Post
        Congdon Skelly? Where are based out of?
        I do not remember off hand, I will look and post it. They were real nice to deal with and a lot cheaper than the others.

Comment

Bob,

How does their coverage compare - stuff like mileage limits, type of use limits, deductible, etc? Also - is that an agreed-value policy, where you are guaranteed to get the full amount that you said the vehicle was worth if it gets totaled or stolen?

Joel
          There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

I have Hagerty on my 1964 Riviera and have no complaints. It is about $180 per year for 12-14k of coverage. A friend has had to make several claims with them and it went smooth every time.

Standard disclaimers, no racing, stored inside, must have daily driver, etc.

Randy
            www.NorthstarDetailSupply.com
            Green four door Chevy

Comment

Originally posted by Fast One View Post
              Bob,

How does their coverage compare - stuff like mileage limits, type of use limits, deductible, etc? Also - is that an agreed-value policy, where you are guaranteed to get the full amount that you said the vehicle was worth if it gets totaled or stolen?

Joel
              Everything was the same or better than Grundy except the preimium. I can get you the name of the lady I delt with if you decide you want to talk with them Joel.

Comment

Working...
              X