Word on the street about a new track

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Word on the street about a new track

I know this gets beat to death, but I hreard today someone want's to build a motorsports track where the Vikings first proposed the stadium in Arden Hills. Suppost to have a 1/4 mile track too. Would be a good use of the contaminated land.
    Time will tell if this happens and we should all go and show the people how much money we are willing to spend to race and support somebody's local economy.

From your fingers to Gods ear.
    Drag Racing,just you,me,and the tree!!

Comment

Sounds like it would be like the Autoplex with a track..ie: country club for motorheads
      I hope they can pull it off, but I would never be able to afford it....

Doc

Comment

Hmmm

Would be cool but you know all the people around there will belly ache about the noise and such.

Comment

That would be great. I'd surely spend some money there! Hope it's for real, and I hope they can pull it off. But I'm not holding my breath, given what has happened with similar racetrack proposals in the state. I understand concerns about traffic loads, noise, water/sewer, impact on wildlife, etc. However, the 'powers that be' often carry things to the extreme. Seems like the unwritten rule in MN is that if the parties actually have the money & brains to pull it off & have their ducks in a row well enough to address the concerns above, they will then get buried with endless (and very expensive) environmental testing & red tape until the cost is so high that they finally give up. If I remember correctly, that's essentially what happened with Pine Run.

I hope it's different this time, but the realist in me says that it won't be.

Joel
          There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

Never ever will happen in the city limits,just a fact,plus it will cost billions to clean the sight up,and no private party is willing to foot the bill on that. I truly do wish it was true though.

Comment

It would be cool if it happened! :treed:
              ------------------------------------
              Let the hating begin!

Comment

Maybe IF the state got behind it, it could happen. Show them the Tax dollars it would bring in. I mean we got the Vikings stadium shoved up our ass. Just a thought.
                Drag Racing,just you,me,and the tree!!

Comment

Unfortunately, I think Kelly is right. I hope he's wrong, but not likely.

In my opinion...why would anyone invest that much money into a racetrack when there aren't enough racers to support it? Yeah, there are a few die-hard racers who race every weekend, but not enough to support the investment. I enjoy going to the track and have raced since the 70s but I'm guilty on not being able to go for a few years now.

Also, I hear people complaining about a $60 entry fee at Rock Falls being a rip-off. I sure as hell wouldn't invest my money into a new facility when people can't spend $60 on an entry fee. On top of that, that measley $60 probably only happens a couple times a year. I realize there are more expenses than the fee, such as gas $$$ getting to and from the track. But, c'mon...really? $60?

Whatever they build, it would have to generate revenue from more than drag racers, so it'd have to be a multi-sports facilty.

Comment

I would think with the many snowmobiles they would love a track to use all winter.

Comment

Originally posted by MR.hp View Post
                      I would think with the many snowmobiles they would love a track to use all winter.
                      Nope, we race on lake tracks and very few run asphalt.

Comment

Originally posted by kelly andersen View Post
                        Nope, we race on lake tracks and very few run asphalt.
                        I guess that surprises me. I always though to that a nice track would be good in the winter for those people.

Comment

We have shavers and the whole works now,the oval guys are hard on the ice,but the drag guys move the line around so you dont tear it up too bad.We do run on a few dirt track we flood and that is very popular,ogilvie by Milaca is one of our biggest ones.

Comment

Working...
                          X