76 olds 350/t56 3.73's
    87 olds 442 - old mans ride
    355 sbc, th200-4r, 3.73's

Comment

That is in no way shape or form a GNX jmo

Comment

4 dr RWD TT V6? Yes plz

Comment

Buick should have left the GN/GNX name alone. Actually worse than calling the Aussie Monaro a GTO.

Comment

Bob,

Thanks for posting this!!

I've been waiting for this since Buick's RWD concept car that featured their new 3.6L V6 with DFI, twin turbos & 450 HP!

It's great to see that they're looking at the Alpha platform, rather than the overweight & decidedly inferior Zeta platform. The Alpha platform is lighter, more rigid, and it is designed to provide a 50/50 weight ratio.

BTW - what's wrong with 4 doors? A muscular-looking sedan a hell-of-a-lot more practical than a cramped coupe. I am long past the point where I give a shit about the door count. If it's fast, agile, and decent-looking, who gives a shit about how many doors it has? And that is one badass looking sedan!

I sure hope the GM brass doesn't eff this up like they did the last time Buick wanted to build a new hot-rod. If they actually get to build this, it will most definitely be the replacement for my GTP!! No LT1 for me, though. I want that twin-turbo, all-forged 3.6L V6!

Joel
            Last edited by Fast One; 11-28-2012, 09:18 AM.
            There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

Originally posted by Fast One View Post
              BTW - what's wrong with 4 doors? A muscular-looking sedan a hell-of-a-lot more practical than a cramped coupe. I am long past the point where I give a shit about the door count. If it's fast, agile, and decent-looking, who gives a shit about how many doors it has? And that is one badass looking sedan!

Joel
              aside from keeping my dad from purchasing anything newer than his 2003 monte is because he cant get in and get his wheelchair in behind the seat when he gets in, I guess idk who else does. I guess the midsize coupe will continue to whither away and shy away younger buyers. It is a buick I suppose, and the older folks seem to be the croud they get the most support from.

certain parts of it scream cts-v to me

-Aaron
              87 cutlass
              76 olds 350/t56 3.73's
              87 olds 442 - old mans ride
              355 sbc, th200-4r, 3.73's

Comment

Originally posted by Fast One View Post
                Bob,

Thanks for posting this!!

I've been waiting for this since Buick's RWD concept car that featured their new 3.6L V6 with DFI, twin turbos & 450 HP!

It's great to see that they're looking at the Alpha platform, rather than the overweight & decidedly inferior Zeta platform. The Alpha platform is lighter, more rigid, and it is designed to provide a 50/50 weight ratio.

I sure hope the GM brass doesn't eff this up like they did the last time Buick wanted to build a new hot-rod. If they actually get to build this, it will most definitely be the replacement for my GTP!! No LT1 for me, though. I want that twin-turbo, all-forged 3.6L V6!

Joel

I think 4dr cars are good, gives me a chance to blow sombody's doors of 2 times with my Camaro.:dragster::lol:

Comment

Working...
                X