It's the what did you do on the first 70° day of the year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's the what did you do on the first 70° day of the year

I got the old slicks off the Camaro ready for a new set, Went for a nice bike ride and had a Hires Root Beer. It's been a long time waiting for this.

Getting the car ready for the first race on Sunday!
    ------------------------------------
    Let the hating begin!

Comment

Not much..other than..

Ran Pat's car over to Sunroofs etc. to see if they could fixed a malfunctioning sunroof on his '99 Regal GSE.

As I waited for them to call me back, I took the front wheels off Jon's 98 Riviera and took them up to Wal Mart Maple Grove for 2 245/50R17s only to have him tell me the $117 each price was on-line order only. Went down to O'Reilly and grabbed a set of ceramic pads for same car. Went to Samaritan tire off of 169 and Minnetonka Blvd and got two Z rated for only $15 more per tire than Wal Fart.

Came back and popped the pads and tires on. Took the wifey for lunch.

Came back and picked up the Regal. They can't fix the sunroof. Recommended getting one from John's and they'd install. 4-6 hrs labor.

Brought the Regal into the garage and proceeded to research what bolts I'd need to remove the balancer/pulley in order to install a crankshaft position sensor. Went to hardware store to get 3 1/4x28x 3 1/2" bolts. Got the pulley off, replaced the sensor, but had to remove the pulley again because a wiring harness got caught behind the sensor cover and caused it to rub the balancer.

Got that fixed and started working on trying to remove the rear 02 sensor. Thought I'd better just soak it and wait until the next day.

Removed the back seat out of the Avalanche and removed a section of padding. Had forgot a bag of ground beef that slid under the back seat back in the winter and soaked the carpet.

Other than that...I really didn't do much Friday...

Comment

Originally posted by Z28SSMAN View Post
        Not much..other than..

Ran Pat's car over to Sunroofs etc. to see if they could fixed a malfunctioning sunroof on his '99 Regal GSE.

As I waited for them to call me back, I took the front wheels off Jon's 98 Riviera and took them up to Wal Mart Maple Grove for 2 245/50R17s only to have him tell me the $117 each price was on-line order only. Went down to O'Reilly and grabbed a set of ceramic pads for same car. Went to Samaritan tire off of 169 and Minnetonka Blvd and got two Z rated for only $15 more per tire than Wal Fart.

Came back and popped the pads and tires on. Took the wifey for lunch.

Came back and picked up the Regal. They can't fix the sunroof. Recommended getting one from John's and they'd install. 4-6 hrs labor.

Brought the Regal into the garage and proceeded to research what bolts I'd need to remove the balancer/pulley in order to install a crankshaft position sensor. Went to hardware store to get 3 1/4x28x 3 1/2" bolts. Got the pulley off, replaced the sensor, but had to remove the pulley again because a wiring harness got caught behind the sensor cover and caused it to rub the balancer.

Got that fixed and started working on trying to remove the rear 02 sensor. Thought I'd better just soak it and wait until the next day.

Removed the back seat out of the Avalanche and removed a section of padding. Had forgot a bag of ground beef that slid under the back seat back in the winter and soaked the carpet.

Other than that...I really didn't do much Friday...
        Hey Z, you really should have tried to get something done today, these days don't come around all that often! :rotfl::lol:

:smile tease::zzzz: T5

Comment

Yeah, I'll try to do more the next chance I get!

Comment

Sounds like some slackers in here.

Comment

After bending 3 different intake pushrods I replaced the stock replacement ones with some 0.116" wall moly ones. Put the turbo back together with a new compressor wheel ( old one was rubbing on the cover ) and now the dam thing is spinning on the freeway. LOL
              Guess 21 psi is a little much for the street, but the streets are still cold.
              See you out there

Comment

Spinnin on the freeway--lol--that has to be one freaky ride.

And worthy of telling anybody to:

Comment

Flew a few of my RC planes at our club's spring airshow. After that, I gave the snow-blower an oil-change, put some STA-BIL in the gas & put it away for the season. Then I got the GN ready to go for the season. I drained the storage oil & filled her up with Amsoil. Checked everything out, then disabled the fuel pump & spun her over a few times to get the oil pressure up before starting the engine. Got the dust off, polished her up, and went for a nice, long cruise. :) Still runs pretty good at 196k, but I really need to do the driver's side header mod to solve the cracking problem between #3 & #5 runners. Unfortunately, only a couple of shops in the greater metro are able to do it - and they're both down in the Lakeville area. I also need to get the headliner redone. It's sagging badly. While I was at the local station, somebody said there was a car show at the Route 65 Pub & Grub. I drove over to check it out, but most of the cars were gone by the time I got there. I did see quite a few hotrods driving around, though. Was very relaxing to take the hotrod out for a cruise after putting up with the winter we just had.

Hung out on the deck & drank a couple beers after I got back. Fired up the grill, baked a garlic-encrusted potato, and Pittsburghed a nice New York strip. Watched the Cup race at Richmond. Then I put my astronomical binoculars on the tripod & watched the stars for awhile from the deck. Not much of a night for star-watching with the moon nearly full, but hey - it was a warm night with no bugs. Gotta take advantage of evenings like that as much as possible before bug season starts.

That's about it for yesterday.

Made it up to 80 at my place today. Just got back from another cruise with the GN. Now I'm going to grill some steak kabobs with red & green peppers, red onions and grape tomatoes - basted with Thai garlic bbq sauce, and watch the Spring National finals on the DVR. I plan to take the GN out for another cruise later on, unless it rains.

Joel
                  There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

80° today boys, some cahnce of s**w by Thurs. morning again. Summer is over back to getting the s**w blowers out.

Comment

After getting my roof leak fixed and coolant leak fixed on my daily, I started this project. Didn't get super far as we got a late start on it after getting the roof patched up.

-Aaron
                      87 cutlass
                      76 olds 350/t56 3.73's
                      87 olds 442 - old mans ride
                      355 sbc, th200-4r, 3.73's

Comment

Spent yesterday pulling the newly rebuilt turbo off and now that its apart the compressor wheel is spun into the front nut which did a nice job on the blades rubbing on the housing. Think I will have it upgraded again but this time by a different company, hopefully they will machine the cover with the hole in the center. Got to love turbo's, LOL

Comment

Maybe the pea shooter turbo off Jon's Typhoon would be a good replacement for your Triumph.

Comment

I went and bought

me a new, used motorcycle. When Sally was alive she told me I was to old for something like this and not that she is gone I guess I showed her. Hmm, probably get struck by lightning now. :)

2005 FLR1300 It now has the optional brown spot on the seat too. lol
                            Attached Files

Comment

Pretty cool. Planning any road trips? Any friends have bikes you'd want to cruise with?

Comment

Working...
                              X