• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '59 Caddy build

Had to share. I've always liked these.

Here's my main project ;)

When the previous owner had it:

Radio in Glovebox

Lighting Upgrade - Harley Davidson LED lighting. Custom made laser cut brackets to hold them (stock buckets did not have enough mounting depth)

Hood repainted

Paint matched nicely:

In-Dash Audio using the original 1959 rotary knobs on the new electronic rotary encoders :)

New Wheels and Tires - custom made in 18x8 with 255/55-R18 modern radials. Incredible improvement to the ride and handling, yet enhancing the classic look. To get these on we had to actually trim the rear fender skirts, and even though I'd measured it up to make sure it would all fit, we didn't think about getting them in there. Had to unbolt the shock absorbers and drop the axle to mount the tires and then put the axle back in place. :rofl:

Worth it.

Fender skirt trimming. Rear door needs repainting.

Recent pics:

Haha. That's a cool 'ol Caddy! :laughing smile: Nicely updated while keeping the "stock" look.

Comment

need one at a tcs event so u could shove one of those priks into the back fins
      the victim had semen on his trousers

Comment

Hey Quadroflux--no offense but why do you chime in whenever I post?

Comment

Nice Caddy! I also have a soft spot for the '59 & its over-the-top styling.

Joel
          There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

Working...
          X