Where is everyone hanging out now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is everyone hanging out now

Went out for a cruise last Sat. night and not a soul out, where is everyone hanging out on the weekends now?.

Avoiding us "old guys" because they don't wanna get their arses busted?

Comment

I hang out at home
      5.55@126
      8.67@155
      www.tntraceshop.com

Comment

Originally posted by shagwag View Post
        I hang out at home
        Did not know they put you in the home at your age, I am getting close, LOL just kidding.

Comment

Since Porky's demise? Nowhere in particular. The weekend car scene in the metro has pretty much sucked ever since. Checked out Har-Mar a few times, but it wasn't my thing. It's been a few years since I've done any Fri/Sat night cruising/hanging-out.

Joel
          There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

Is Saturdays on 7th too old of a crowd for you guys?

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Satur...83993155013529

Comment

I do go to the Anoka car show on Saturdays sometimes. I drove my wagon to the tcstangs bbq Saturday. It was very hot.
              5.55@126
              8.67@155
              www.tntraceshop.com

Comment

Just turn that a/c on Shag.

Comment

Originally posted by Z28SSMAN View Post
                  Is Saturdays on 7th too old of a crowd for you guys?

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Satur...83993155013529
                  Too old?? Naw...

Saw this Studebaker on there. My dad had a similar model in the early 50s, but it was a ragtop coupe.

There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

I like those cars with the wart on the nose. :rotfl:

Comment

Originally posted by MR.hp View Post
                      Went out for a cruise last Sat. night and not a soul out, where is everyone hanging out on the weekends now?.
                      North St Paul and Hastings don't count? Between the two they have most weekends covered through the summer into the fall.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumpercables View Post
                        North St Paul and Hastings don't count? Between the two they have most weekends covered through the summer into the fall.
                        I know both of them have a good draw, I was talking about the late model crowd that mostly hung out at the pig. It seem like since that has closed not much happens on the weekends anymore. I like to take out the 94 and go somewhere and hang out but most cars shows are like '81 and earlier.

Comment

Yeah, there isn't much happening for the later-model stuff - which really sucks. The last time I had a hot-rod that would meet the usual early 80s age cutoff was back in the mid-80s, when I had the candy-apple-red '65 Cutlass hardtop coupe with the 315 HP 330.

Joel

Comment

Once I heard the Anoka gathering is only for early 70s and older, I've never gone. Not going to pull the Chevelle out of storage to go when my Camaro would blow the doors off of probably 90% of what's at the event. I'm a fan of the old cars because I grew up in that era, but there's a snobbishness from the old crowd that makes them think the older cars are better. In my opinion--the majority of those cars didn't do much of anything very well. The exception would be '67 SS 396 Chevelle, rare 1st gen F-bodies, '67 4-4-2 , '70-'72 SS-454 Chevelle or '70 Stage 1 GS 455. There are others, but...

Comment

Originally posted by Z28SSMAN View Post
                              Once I heard the Anoka gathering is only for early 70s and older, I've never gone. Not going to pull the Chevelle out of storage to go when my Camaro would blow the doors off of probably 90% of what's at the event. I'm a fan of the old cars because I grew up in that era, but there's a snobbishness from the old crowd that makes them think the older cars are better. In my opinion--the majority of those cars didn't do much of anything very well. The exception would be '67 SS 396 Chevelle, rare 1st gen F-bodies, '67 4-4-2 , '70-'72 SS-454 Chevelle or '70 Stage 1 GS 455. There are others, but...
                              I just threw those places out there. For me they are kind of like the state fair, only need to go once every few years and I'm good. Agree on a certain snob factor with that crowd but that's probably with every era to a certain degree. Ever talk to late model Euro folks ie Mercedes, BMW, etc. They may be much worse lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X