Did anyone see how much gas went up this week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did anyone see how much gas went up this week

I filled up my little car on Thurs. as I saw on TV that gas was going up, Again!, to my surprise the one station was $2.79 then when I filled up at Costco it was $2.29, .50 cent a gal. YIKES. What a bunch of thieves, you cannot sell gas below your cost in MN. but you sure can gouge the public for whatever you want though.

Sure did, OUCH!

Comment

I've made a habit of not even looking anymore. no matter what its more than it should be, and having to run 92+ in the audi, I don't even want to look at the price.

-Aaron
      87 cutlass
      76 olds 350/t56 3.73's
      87 olds 442 - old mans ride
      355 sbc, th200-4r, 3.73's

Comment

Yeah, my GTP needs premium too. But then most of the cars I've owned needed premuim - so I don't even think about that part. Besides, it's usually only around 10% more expensive than regular.

I'm just glad the GTP averages 22+ MPG in the city (including the work commute), gets around 34 MPG on the highway @ 55 MPH, and still gets around 28 MPG on the Interstate @ 75 MPH. Not too shabby for a 13-year-old 5-passenger car with a "lowly" pushrod engine that does 0-60 in just under 6 sec.

Anyone hear what the excuse is for the latest increase?

Joel
        There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

I see it just went up again to $2.85 at SA, the criminal Koch brothers are at it again. Someone stubbed their toe at the refinery and they gotta raise prices to make us pay the bill. Sure am glad I ditched the 406 in the race car, now it cheapo racing again, a little slower but that's ok.

Comment

Don't worry,they screwed us bad before,they will do it again. Winters a comin,fast. So is E15
            Drag Racing,just you,me,and the tree!!

Comment

Our local gas stations are riding the price gouging coat tails of the stations in southeastern Wi and northern Illinois. They are blaming it on an issue at the Whiting refinery out that way. I saw it as high as $3.15 for 87 octane while passing through Rockford.

In general, I doubt it will go to much higher before the election but then afterwards the sky is the limit.

Comment

One word for it?

SUCKS

But seriously...what can you do about it? I certainly don't have money to invest in my own refinery and people to convert the stuff to gas, so I guess I'll have to live with it.

Comment

Working...
                X