Go Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Go Pro

I see Best Buy had them advertised and you get a gift card. Any advice on which works best on a drag car?

I have a go pro 2, it works pretty good. I had to buy some different mounts this year for the Camaro but the videos turned out very well. If you hang it upside down in the car you will have to change it to that mode, found that out the first time I used it.

Comment

You can buy all kinds of different accessory's for the go pro lineup

Comment

My ten year old got one for Christmas with the LCD rear screen and WiFi. He can operate it from a phone or iPad, too. I think it is the Hero+ and was about $250. Amazon has mount kits that have like 50 pieces for about $50. The sound and video quality is much, much better than my Go Pro which is the very first batch produced.

He just used it on his helmet at hockey practice and listening to the audio was pretty funny. The kids forgot he was recording. ..... LOL

Randy
        www.NorthstarDetailSupply.com
        Green four door Chevy

Comment

Thanks for the review Randy. I was thinking they were $400-$500.

Comment

Glenn, the Go pro hero camera like I have is on sale at Target right now for $129 with a $20 gift card. Pretty good deal.

Comment

Wow! Thanks for the tip. Glad I waited.

Comment

This is the one my kid has.

http://www.target.com/p/gopro-camera...1/-/A-18760721

We like the WiFi and LCD screen option on this model and there was a $50 Target gift card offered when we got it.

Randy
                Green four door Chevy

Comment

Thanks for the link. Don't suppose you'd need the $35 protection as long as you don't mount it outside the car.

Comment

So, did you get a go pro?

Comment

Not yet. No hurry. At least another month before I'll need it.

Comment

Originally posted by Z28SSMAN View Post
                        Thanks for the link. Don't suppose you'd need the $35 protection as long as you don't mount it outside the car.
                        I don't buy the warranty on anything. The GoPro is pretty tough and if anything breaks it is just the outer protective housing that you can replace, not the camera. When my son raced sleds they would find them in the snow and pretty scratched up from the skiis and studded tracks, but the cameras were fine inside the case.

The suction cup mounts were holding at 150mph+ on the road course at BIR. They are a pretty stout setup and they have a lot of cool accessories. My kid just got some kit like this one..... http://www.amazon.com/Neewer-Accesso...ro+accessories

Good luck picking one out. It took us awhile to decide which GoPro to get.

Randy
                        Green four door Chevy

Comment

Working...
                        X