Daytona 500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daytona 500

Anyone else watching the race this weekend? If so, do you have any favorites that you're rooting for? I was hoping that ol' Smoke would get one more swing at winning the big race before he retires. Since that's not going to happen, I'm hoping Dale Jr wins his third 500. But it would be cool to see Chase Elliot win as a rookie.

Joel
    There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Elliot just crashed out, too bad for the kid.

Comment

Yeah, I hated to see that happen to him - especially so early in the race. Looked like he had a strong car, too.

Now Jr got shuffled way back in the field. Hope he gets his car sorted-out soon.
      There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

Jr. Is out

Comment

Yup. That sucks. Looked like he suddenly lost the air off the rear spoiler while he was side-drafting. Guess he had to try something in order to break free from that knot of cars he was stuck in.

Guess I don't really have a dog in the fight anymore...

Comment

Would have been cool to see Danica win, but she just wrecked, too...

Comment

Now I hope Kyle pulls it off...

Comment

Damn, what an ending!! Closest Daytona 500 finish in history! Reminded me of the 'Dale & Dale show' back in '93...

Comment

It was a great race, the best in several years.

Comment

Maybe the guy who won used the bottle :rotfl:

Comment

Originally posted by fast toys View Post
                      It was a great race, the best in several years.
                      I agree. Even though none of my favorites won, it was a fun race to watch. And the finish will be talked about for decades! I thought it was right up there with the 'Dale & Dale show' finish of '93.

Joel

Comment

Working...
                      X