Billy Kelly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Billy Kelly

Does anyone have any Billy Kelly stories, I hear he was quite a handful when he was a youngin.

I'll try to do this fron my smartphone.. At this time, he was probably 9-10 years old. Raised by his grandma, the kid was a handful. I remember how we'd work in the bean fields to earn money to buy firecrackers and junk for the 4th of July. Billy never cared for work and never had money. My mom was not happy with him because he was always doing mischievous stuff, so she told him not to come over to our house. Anyway, when we came back from MO with bags of fireworks. He stood at the edge of our property watching us have fun lighting them off. He disappeared and our phone rings. It was Billy. He said "Those big boys over by my house said to stop shooting those damned firecrackers!-- but if you're gonna shoot em--send them some"! :laughing smile::

Comment

One other time, people overheard him tell one if the deacons of our church "I oughta cut your g'damned throat." He couldn't have been more that 10 years old when he said it.

Comment

As I told Bob this past weekend, I remember him singing an old Motown song:Jimmy Mack by Martha Reeves and the Vandalias. Of course he changed the lyrics. His version was "my arms are missing you--my NUTS feel the same way too". I was almost in tears laughing so hard. He might have been 12 or 13 by then.

Comment

LOL. I love those old Billy Kelly stories.

Comment

Working...
          X