Wifey not happy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wifey not happy

She found a rust spot on here truck with just over 14K on it. Funny thing it is where the door meets the weather strip, way up from the edge of the door almost by the door panel. When you look at the paint there is not very much. I am sure GM will not take care of it so no more new GM cars for me after this one. Now I gotta fix this fast. I told here to get rid of the truck while it's worth a bunch of money with the low miles on it. Gm got us once never again, there is a reason my Son drives a new Hyundai. At least they put some paint on the damn car.

Too bad. Yeah, the paint on the SS-454 had quite a few flaws in it when my brother bought it new in '71. Glad he didn't get rid of it back then due those flaws. Still love the car. Love the 2000 SS also. To each his own, but I'm a GM man and that will not change. Definitely will not see me drive or own anything but GM--but that's just me.

Comment

Ya, it's mostly my fault for not looking at that area closer when we got that truck. I would call and have Chevy look at it but I already know the answer "sorry you are out of warranty" so I will repair this myself rather than let it get to the point of the a complete rust out. GM would not rake care of her wheels when it was still under the 3 year 36 either. My brother after fighting with GM on his truck finally convinced GM to fix his oil burning after some strategic help from me. GM is replacing all his pistons and rings for oil burning due to the AMF. He has just under 50K and after the repair he may bump the truck. Looks like no new Camaro for me after this issue, the build quality for me is just not there anymore.

Comment

Some car makes paint leaves a lot to be desired on todays cars and trucks. VW has very nice paint that I have seen.

Comment

VW? The company fined in the billions for faking computer emissions? As far as the ls engines? Most are pretty durable. People are buying them out of junkyards with over 100k miles adding turbos with outrageous boost trying to blow em up and they're still running.

Comment

Well they do have some nice paint on the vdubs, the rear of the car sucks!

Comment

Working...
            X