Finally a nice weekend at home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally a nice weekend at home

Finally had a free weekend while the wife/kids went to great grandmas house. Got a bit more work done in the garage, and woke up both of the gbodies.

Had to build another flat truss to line up with the garage door.

-Aaron
    87 cutlass
    76 olds 350/t56 3.73's
    87 olds 442 - old mans ride
    355 sbc, th200-4r, 3.73's

Very nice!

Comment

I may have had this fall into my lap for the right price. kind of out of order on how I wanted to do things in the garage. I'm still sore from helping take it down and load it up. Then unloaded it at home and stood it up myself. Got it bolted to the floor. Still need to tension the cables/hook up hydraulic lines and then run some power.

-Aaron
      87 cutlass
      76 olds 350/t56 3.73's

Comment

Very nice. You'll enjoy it.

Comment

I am jealous, I need a shop like that. You will like that hoist. We had those when I worked at the Pontiac dealer. I like your idea for the sealing with the steel roof panels. Good job.

Comment

the unfortunate thing is, i'm going to get this garage just how I want it, and then end up moving somewhere i'd like to be. sick of being in town.

hopefully get some use out of things before that happens.

need to source a return line for this thing, the line someone gave me is jerry rigged on there with some hose clamps, and when I cycled it fully to the top it blew the line off and sprayed fluid all over the place. so that was fun.

-Aaron
            87 cutlass
            76 olds 350/t56 3.73's

Comment

hoist is fixed, no more return line flying off. almost done with the garage door stuff, just need to hook up the cables and tension the springs. I should be able to test it out soon.

-Aaron
              87 cutlass
              76 olds 350/t56 3.73's

Comment

That's sure a nice setup. I was supposed to get scissor trusses like that in my new garage but the idiot builder ordered the wrong ones. My buddy who was a framer said to just take the bottom plate off then make the new ones to the height I want then put 3/4 plywood on both sides and glue and screw them in, so if I have more area in the middle like you then I could raise my car higher for the Biscayne. Nice I idea with using the roof panels for the ceiling.

Comment

I had always envisioned it ending up with a lift from the beginning so I ordered these when I put it up. I also was supposed to get storage trusses in the other half, but they ordered the wrong ones and they are only 2x4 bottom plates. oh well. just can't put as much weight up there.

I imagine if I do move to some land, i'd just end up with a pole barn and the inside would be completely steel paneled. rented a shop once that was like that, and liked it, so I kind of copied it over here.

-Aaron
                  87 cutlass
                  76 olds 350/t56 3.73's

Comment

success!

doesn't quite lift high enough to park one on top of the other really, like I was kind of hoping, for winter purposes.

-Aaron
                    87 cutlass
                    76 olds 350/t56 3.73's

Comment

got the ceiling almost done and finally put up the insulation i've had stashed for years.

-Aaron
                      87 cutlass
                      76 olds 350/t56 3.73's

Comment

Comment

welded up a bracket and got this hung up/plumbed last week. still need to run my natural gas line, but brazing fitting in the cold sounds lame, so i'm just running it temporarily on propane. So much quieter than the death blaster I was used to using (torpedo style).

-Aaron
                          87 cutlass
                          76 olds 350/t56 3.73's

Comment

Your garage looks pretty nice. I am going to put one of those heaters in my front garage next year and run it off propane as the centerpoint wants over 1K to trench a line out to mine.

Comment

I took a couple of days off this week, hopefully make more progress out in the garage today. more sheetrock/bench/lights

-Aaron
                              87 cutlass
                              76 olds 350/t56 3.73's

Comment

Working...
                              X