2007 a good year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 a good year

My year started out going to Super Chevy in Memphis back in April. I made it to the semifinals in D.O.T. Bracket before losing to a sweet '67 Camaro. The jet cars are somewhat fun to watch, but not good for a car with 17" DR's. The flames screw up the starting line. Why do I go? Well, it's a great time to see family and old HS buddies and also pretty rewarding to get more compliments about my car's performance nearly 1000 miles from home than here in Minnesota.

I liked sneaking home around 3AM and having the wife ask me "when are you going to grow up"? 602hp got a lot of nice videos of 'happenings' around town. I remember one morning I dropped 602 off around 2:30 and was heading home when my cell phone rang and ended up attending a little frum dig.

Also, 602 was with me when we lined up against a guy who was alone in a gutted Honda with a stutter box. HaHa, he got the jump, but when we hit 3rd gear, we were in front by about 1/2 car. He started pulling out front right afterwards though. It was hilarious when I parked and a couple guys came over and asked "what shot are you running" I enjoyed the look on their faces when 602 told them there was no bottle.

Went to RF and spied on 98cobra s/c. Glad to see him trap over 120 and get his mid 11 ET. Don't get too confident about it though because I'm still gonna get you buddy. But seriously, Joe's a good friend. He and 602 have continued to be friends even after I have stood up for what I believe in against the local elements.

Finally got Typhoon's Ty back together. Broke the propshaft up at Interstate, but after sorting out the bugs, had him drive it to the Porky's shootout and saw it run 12.80 @ 103. There's so much more we can improve on in that truck, 2008 is gonna be fun.

The highlights at that event were seeing 5Door run 9's with the wagon and the black Camaro trapping over 150. The lowlight was seeing Wayne's '65 ElCamino poof at the starting line. Man I like that car! Then I wrapped up the year with a runner-up finish in bracket at the Porky's shootout. I just thoroughly enjoy bracket racing a N/A 6-speed.

Anyway...it was a good year. Fortunately, I only had to change the oil and filter a few times on the SS. We kept it safe and enjoyed our sport. Let's have a safe and rewarding 2008.

"G"

My 2007 started out with a new job which lasted till aug. then I got laid off [but my boss
    got it worse he got fired] but that let me catch up on a few things that I neglected this year. I finished the wiring in my new garage bought a new hoist, finished the house projects and in '08 all I am going to do is work on my cars.

Comment

Wow an entire year it just flew by! 2007 for me was quite busy. I was promoted to general manager at the company .And at the same time had bought a new motor for swoopin. So I was quite busy with new Job and doing a motor swap.In the middle of that I decided to convert to a six speed set up as well. It has been a tough year for swoopin and me.I have had the tranny out three times due to clutch trouble pretty much allowing me about half a season. However we had some good races on and off the bottle. Swoopin ran good against peolpe that thought they knew what they were doing. Surprised just about everyone I ran against. Well I my clutch is fixed and ready for install but I think I will rebuild tranny for 08. I really don't want to take it out again (even though I am a pro at pulling it out) I hope 08 is a better year for swoppin and me.

Comment

When it comes to trannys and clutches I can relate.

I finally got the setup I like and didn't have to touch a thing this year. If I recall, you had a Textralia and broke it. Did you find out what malfunctioned?

Comment

Originally posted by Z28SSMAN View Post

I finally got the setup I like and didn't have to touch a thing this year. If I recall, you had a Textralia and broke it. Did you find out what malfunctioned?
          Yeah I have the twin disc exoskell and they mis labled fly wheel side. You would think it only goes one way but this set up will go in either way and you won't know until a month later when it comes apart.

Comment

07 was a good year for me as well. I got my ls1 swap done and had a blast! I did have some bugs to work out here and there, but in the end it was worth it. The first time Repo and I have both are cars together to meet up with everyone, I blow a head gasket as I pull into the Holiday parking lot! I was really bumed. I found out that Ls1 heads require an additional 90 degree turn. Now it nice and tight.

Once I had the car set up good to go, I had a lot of fun! I met a lot of people on the "scene" and made a lot of friends.

Some of my favorite things were,

Dontry accusing me of using nitrous when I raced Ryan's Cobra
            Everyone picking on my third gen, then losing. Sorry buddy, no TPI here.

The best was when a blue sn95 Mustang (I hear 387rwhp) says "Man, the only car I can beat here is this Firebird." It was classic as I looked at Repo and he had a HUGE shit grin on his face after the guy said that. Needless to say I torched his ass when we left.

I look forward to 08! I can't wait to meet you guys! Thanks again for this forum!

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
              07 was a good year for me as well. I got my ls1 swap done and had a blast! I did have some bugs to work out here and there, but in the end it was worth it. The first time Repo and I have both are cars together to meet up with everyone, I blow a head gasket as I pull into the Holiday parking lot! I was really bumed. I found out that Ls1 heads require an additional 90 degree turn. Now it nice and tight.

Once I had the car set up good to go, I had a lot of fun! I met a lot of people on the "scene" and made a lot of friends.

Some of my favorite things were,

Dontry accusing me of using nitrous when I raced Ryan's Cobra
              Everyone picking on my third gen, then losing. Sorry buddy, no TPI here.

The best was when a blue sn95 Mustang (I hear 387rwhp) says "Man, the only car I can beat here is this Firebird." It was classic as I looked at Repo and he had a HUGE shit grin on his face after the guy said that. Needless to say I torched his ass when we left.

I look forward to 08! I can't wait to meet you guys! Thanks again for this forum!

You are very welcome for the site and props should go to Glenn for getting this up and running. I came up with the name a couple of years ago[hence the name outlaws] as we are well to say the least kinda hated in some circles but who cares. This will give some of the locals a place that is not too hard people.

There is a secion for those who want to ball their eyes out and that is fine with me if they want to go that route. This is a place about cars and car people. I and Glenn have some ideas for 2008 that we can all have a good time.I too am thinking seriously about putting an LSX motor in my 68 firebird as the install parts are starting to become available and I really like those motors. I am not into FI too much as the stuff is still IMO to expensive for most so I will just use the good old holley. Might have to challange a few members this year to a little run offs. Anybody game:D

Comment

Originally posted by Z28SSMAN View Post

I realized I didn't answer youe question. The rear disc was mis labled fly wheel side the only difference is the heads of the rivets conecting the center cog to the clutch. The heads were in when they should have been out. The heads of the rivets were hitting the heads of the fly wheel bolts. sheering them off and then the clutch coming apart. I will never let that happen again. I followed their label and didn't even think about it. That is what I came up with for this last time. The time before that no one knows. I couldnt figure it out and niether could textralia. They have fixed the clutch for free both times now.

Comment

Originally posted by 602hp View Post
                  Anybody game:D
                  I'm game!!!!!

Comment

I'm game!!!!!
                    That should be fun and you know as I do there are no rules on the street unless you own a mustang then if you are the opponent you cannot run a bottle or blower, But if you own a mustang then it's ok to have 4 cams,blowers,turbos and bottles then they claim it's stock then if they loose they cry no fair. I have always said
                    "Run whatcha brung and hope you brought enough" I always fill my bottle that way if someone wants to have some fun and they get in front a little
                    I can blast it and after if they cry I tell them to build a faster car and if I get beat they have the faster car that's racing. Just ask Joe
                    after the first time he raced Glenn:rotfl:
                    Last edited by MR.hp; 01-01-2008, 12:47 PM.

Comment

'07 was a good year for me. I picked up an '85 Regal with a mild cammed 455 (not the one in my avatar). Its not gonna win any best in shows or the 1320 as its a "driver" but at least I think it'll lay the smack down on most of the ricers. Thinking of upgrading the stock rear to a decent 8.5 GN rear if the price is right. Its all about the $$$$.

Comment

WOW 07 was ****in crazy. Divorce new relationship work was slow then way too busy then slow managed to get my not so new but WAYYYYYY clean IROC on the road for a few short trips(still needs a couple of unbent rims and paint) Started a custody battle moved little closer to home expanded my business to some new market areas and it doesn't stop there. Did I mentin that my ficken Holley needs a tune AGIN! Sorry i had a few cocktails tonight. At least i spell checked me. middlefinger Oh and punctuation is for pussies

Comment

Originally posted by 85camarocrazee View Post
                          WOW 07 was ****in crazy. Divorce new relationship work was slow then way too busy then slow managed to get my not so new but WAYYYYYY clean IROC on the road for a few short trips(still needs a couple of unbent rims and paint) Started a custody battle moved little closer to home expanded my business to some new market areas and it doesn't stop there. Did I mentin that my ficken Holley needs a tune AGIN! Sorry i had a few cocktails tonight. At least i spell checked me. middlefinger Oh and punctuation is for pussies
                          Did you leave anything out?:wink:

Comment

Originally posted by 602hp View Post
                            That should be fun and you know as I do there are no rules on the street unless you own a mustang then if you are the opponent you cannot run a bottle or blower, But if you own a mustang then it's ok to have 4 cams,blowers,turbos and bottles then they claim it's stock then if they loose they cry no fair. I have always said
                            "Run whatcha brung and hope you brought enough" I always fill my bottle that way if someone wants to have some fun and they get in front a little
                            I can blast it and after if they cry I tell them to build a faster car and if I get beat they have the faster car that's racing. Just ask Joe
                            after the first time he raced Glenn:rotfl:
                            I hate loosing, therefore its not an option!!:lol:

Comment

Did you leave anything out?:wink:
                              Yeah and don't even ask.......:rotfl:

Comment

Working...
                              X