Cruises & hangout spots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cruises & hangout spots

Figured I'd start a topic about local cruises & car-guy hangouts. Post your cruises & hangouts, plus pics & vids if you have any!
    There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Anyone know if the Mon night car deal @ Wagner's is happening yet? Thinking about cruising up there with the GN this evening to see if anyone's hanging out yet this season. And Minnetonka Drive-In opens on the 15th.

Also - I see that the Coon Rapids Blvd cruise is already going! Anyone been there yet this year?
    There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

Just called Wagner's. The Mon nite car gathering hasn't started yet.

Comment

Wagner's will start when it gets warmer out as I see the cars going down the road every Mon. I know there is the TSI car show in late May. I will ask my buddy if the Coon Rapids cruising is going to happen also this year.

Comment

any of the old new ulm bunch still around? went for a cruise with them a decade ago, planning on moving close to there in about a month and a half

-Aaron
          87 cutlass
          76 olds 350/t56 3.73's
          87 olds 442 - old mans ride
          355 sbc, th200-4r, 3.73's

Comment

Originally posted by smooth_358 View Post
            any of the old new ulm bunch still around? went for a cruise with them a decade ago, planning on moving close to there in about a month and a half
            I see Lance and one other at some of the swap meets once in awhile. I think a lot of the car guys sold their rides a few years back and may regret it down the road. What ever happen Re-rod?. Nice to hear form you again smooth.

Comment

Originally posted by MR.hp View Post

I see Lance and one other at some of the swap meets once in awhile. I think a lot of the car guys sold their rides a few years back and may regret it down the road. What ever happen Re-rod?. Nice to hear form you again smooth.
              not sure what happened to a lot of people I used to see around at this point. life got busy for a while there. trying to get back to doing some car things once I get my current house finished up and on the market. this cold weather sure hasn't helped that lately.

-Aaron
              87 cutlass
              76 olds 350/t56 3.73's
              87 olds 442 - old mans ride
              355 sbc, th200-4r, 3.73's

Comment

Every Thursday it's Minnetonka Drive In. Starting this Thursday. Will probably be a little cool though. It's an older crowd. I guess that's us. lol
                Cars and Coffee at Canterbury is interesting. 1st Sat of the month (weather permitting). Gotta get there by 8AM and things start clearing out around 10-11AM though.
                UH-OH--sounds like El Loro is done.

Comment

Yeah, I posted pics of the last El Loro gathering last fall. Bummer. There were a lot of cool cars at that one.

Used to go to Mtka nearly every Thurs back in the day. Won't make it tonight (still have to get the quarter-window replaced), but I plan to show up out there more often, since I'm ~25 mi closer than I was when I had my place up in East Bethel. Getting the window done on the 26th. And now the side moldings on the doors are drooping, so I want to get those fixed before I hang out at any of the spots. Gonna take it out for a cruise this afternoon to top-off the batt & keep the juices flowing. Probably cruise Minnehaha pkwy & the lakes.

Comment

Went for a nice 2-hr cruise with the GN. Saw quite a few hotrods out cruising the lakes. Was a nice, relaxing drive.

Comment

Anyone know if the Mon night Wagner's thing is happening yet? Called Wagner's today & the person who answered didn't know if anyone is showing up this evening.

Comment

Found out they're no longer having Cars and Coffee at Canterbury. They say it's moved to Southdale??? How's that supposed to work? Edina cops will bust you for even chirping a tire

Comment

That sucks! I can't imagine having a hotrod car get-together in Edina. Unless they have special permission from the Edina police dept...

Comment

Anyone going to show up at the Coon Rapids blvd cruise tomorrow? Looks like great wx! I plan to show up with the GN.

Comment

Anyone been to Beach's in Long Lake or Kisch Oil in Maple Grove for race gas lately? Was thinking about treating the GN to a tank of 100 or 110 before heading to the CRB cruise later this afternoon.

Comment

Working...
                              X