2022 Back To The 50'S June 17-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022 Back To The 50'S June 17-19

It's that time of year again to rev up all those old Hot Rods again as Back to the 50's is on again this year June 17th to the 19th. Might have to hang out this year at Har Mar mall for some tire smoking burnouts.

2022-poster-final-lg.jpg

I'll probably drive over that way with the GN to see what's on the streets - but my buddy with the '61 F100 salt-flats racing truck hasn't put it in the Back to the Fifties show for quite a few years, so I won't actually attend the show. Will be interesting to see what's out prowling around!
    There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

Yeah, I neeeeed to take that Friday off to hang out. Every year I plan on going but then get stuck working.

Comment

Originally posted by Z28SSMAN View Post
        Yeah, I neeeeed to take that Friday off to hang out. Every year I plan on going but then get stuck working.
        Now who's fault is that, lol.

Comment

Cruised Snelling for awhile tonight. Lots of iron out, and a crapload of spectators from Hwy 36 to Lexington.
          There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

One of the GN club members shot this pic of me doing the curbside crawl last night on Snelling.

My GN BTT50s 2022.jpg

Comment

Very nice! Lol, people in the background are liking your GN

Comment

Car looks good Joel. Was a good BTT 50's this year and most unusual as I worked on a number of cars for others this year, but it was a blast and I got to park up front for the 1st time in years. My friend Bill who has his Grandpa's 39 Chevy with real HEMI heads that he designed and made is super cool. The car did break down but the I did fix it the 1st time, than after he got there it broke down when he was laving on Sat. The MSRA people really stepped up to the plate and towed his car to the MSRA repair shop where we all worked together to get it right for Bill to leave later in the day. Thanks also to Glenn for stepping up and fallowing Bill home to make sure he did not break down. I guess that's why we are all car guys.

Comment

Thanks, guys! Needs a fair amount of work after sitting for 6 yrs (2 of which were outdoors with no cover, thanks to my brother), but it's still a decent "20-footer". The area was packed on Fri night! Shot some pics of the action on Snelling, but they're just crappy cellphone pics, shot from my GN when traffic was stopped. Didn't drive up there last night. Just cruised the lakes & checked out Lyndale. Only 4-5 cars @ Applebee's on Lyndale & 96th when I drove by @ ~6:30 PM. Thought about checking out CRB, but I already burned-up a 1/4-tank of 93/110 mix on Fri night just cruising Snelling.

Figured out my gas mileage from cruising on Fri night. Car usually gets ~25 MPG @ 70 MPH on the cruise-control & ~17 MPG in town. Got 12.5 MPG cruising Snelling! She gets pretty thirsty if you give her enough gas to hear the turbo, even if you're not pulling enough boost to read on the gauge. But then, my '67 GS 400 4-speed got ~12-13 MPG on the highway @ 60 MPH & ~7 MPG in town, and was nearly 2 sec slower in the quarter & nearly 40 MPH slower in a top-end run!

Comment

Guess who's featured in the MN GN club's new cover pic? GN + club logo.jpg

Comment

Working...
                    X