2022 Street Machine Nationals Summer Cruise July 15th-17th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022 Street Machine Nationals Summer Cruise July 15th-17th

Well now it's time for the Muscle car show at the MN Fairgrounds this year in mid-July. 2022 Summer cruise is getting close so we need to get the cars there this year. I am sure for a couple of the days I will be driving Brad's Nova so John and I can show this Bad ass Nova off as much as we can.

It's really nice for you guys to do that in Brad's memory

Comment

Originally posted by Z28SSMAN View Post
      It's really nice for you guys to do that in Brad's memory
      I would do that for you too.

Comment

• Z28SSMAN
        Z28SSMAN commented
        Editing a comment
        Same here, pal

That's really cool! What a nice tribute!

I won't be entering the GN this year, as I still need to replace all 4 bumper-fillers & also get both bumpers blasted & repainted due to surface rust. Don't want to enter it in a major show with rusty bumpers & all 4 bumper-fillers in such bad shape that most of that flexible crap has broken & fallen out.

I will be cruising the area, though!
      There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

Originally posted by Fast One View Post
        That's really cool! What a nice tribute!

I won't be entering the GN this year, as I still need to replace all 4 bumper-fillers & also get both bumpers blasted & repainted due to surface rust. Don't want to enter it in a major show with rusty bumpers & all 4 bumper-fillers in such bad shape that most of that flexible crap has broken & fallen out.

I will be cruising the area, though!
        Remember Joel it's about hanging out with good people and showing what you got no matter what it looks like. My Bird has a lot of stuff wrong with it but I will still take it out on Sunday, will be driving Brad's Fri and Sat.

Comment

Looks to be HOT HOT HOT for the Street Machine Nationals this year. I bet there will be some over heaters there for sure. I know one thing for sure, the Firebird don't overheat at all. I will be there Fri and Sat in Brad's old 4dr red Nova stop by and say "hi"

Comment

They changed the entry lanes

Street Machine Nationals

1h ·
            Attention participants: As a reminder, based on significant participant feedback, we had made arrangements to change the location of participant registration and official entrance to provide you with a better show experience. To access the new entrance, participants will now enter the Fairgrounds via University of Minnesota Transitway off of Como Blvd. From Snelling Avenue, head West on Como Avenue then turn right (North) on University of Minnesota Transitway. Participants will be directed to the registration area inside the Midway lot from there.
            This new arrangement allows vehicles to line up inside the fairgrounds until the gates officially open each day. Coffee and donuts are also available for purchase if you want to network with your fellow participants in line.
            If you haven't registered, register now to save $15 before Thursday, July 14th: https://bit.ly/3IvjGH0

Comment

I am not going to pick up my stuff until Fri. as I will be down there with Brad's Nova and when I'm out walking around I can go over there and get my stuff and save me some gas. John and I will be stopping at the cemetery on the way back to say "hi" to Brad, it only fitting that we do that on Fri. as I know he would like that for sure. We miss him.

Comment

Looks like it's not gonna be quite as hot this weekend as they had forecasted earlier this week! That'll be nice for everyone at the show.

Went to take the GN for a cruise yesterday & also brought a 100' extension cord so I can hook up my battery tender. Shit, the effing batt was dead after only 3 wks of not being driven! :( Hooked-up the tender & the lights said it was charging. Heading back this afternoon w/jumper-cables & then I'm going to Advance Auto to get a nice Optima Yellow Top w/free installation. That's what was in it before, but my brother let it sit for 3-4 yrs without the batt tender plugged in & killed a 300+ buck batt. When I got it out of storage last summer, the batt was toast again. Put something in just to get it running, but it was a real cheapie & was also way too small for the GN. Looks like a couple thousand miles of the GN's high current draw & being parked for a week or so at a time last summer & this spring without plugging in the batt tender killed the POS. (Was plugged-in all winter, though.) Anyway, I should be back in the saddle with a new Yellow Top. And now I have my batt tender there, so I can plug it in when I park it.

Worst part is that I friggin' forgot how to program the big Kenwood stereo I put in decades ago. Gotta dig out the manual to remember how to set the equalizers, speaker distances, etc.

I plan on cruising Snelling later on today. Supposed to be decent wx overnight & tomorrow, so I'm gonna keep the GN at the house tonight. That'll be a few less gallons of 93/110 octane blend I'll burn cruising Snelling & CRB this weekend.
                There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

Well....no cruising on Snelling this weekend! :(

294138919_10227516570130167_8768230549066097654_n.jpg 294070416_10227516763254995_4622341910926172793_n.jpg

Comment

For those that did not go out this weekend, you missed a good show. It doesn't matter what your car looks like as if you had a show car one might not bring it because it's too nice. I drove Brad's Nova Fri. and Sat. and even his widow showed up and that was super nice of her to come there after all she's been through this year and she is one nice lady. Today I took the Bird and showed up in the AM, then John Jeffy (the new Nova owner) showed up, a little bit after that Glenn came out. We did get a bit of rain about 2:10 in the afternoon but it dried up quickly. There were 2 super nice GN's parked by us and Tom the one street racer was one of the GN owners. He has a whole new bullet in his car and Joel you would have spent hours talking with him. Tom is a lot like JR. in that he will only street race his car as said he will never go to the track, too bad I would like to race him but it's not worth getting a ticket to me. So all in all when you think about it, even if your prosed car has some flaws people should bring them out as if you end up passing away like Brad did last year someone else has to show the car or it gets sold and never seen again and that a sad thing to see. I will post up some pictures this week.

Comment

My main reason for not going was the heat, humidity, and huge crowd. I friggin' HATE the heat - and as I'm turning into an old fart, I find that I have less & less patience for large crowds. I wasn't gonna enter the GN this year for multiple reasons. One being money. And I have no desire to go there as a spectator. Same for BTT50s. Only times I've attended BTT50s were years when my buddy mark with the '61 Ford F100 salt-flats racing truck entered it & I could get in with him.

I would've done the Snelling cruise last weekend - but from everything I heard & saw, the cops were being major dicks, and essentially shut-down cruising Snelling for the weekend by blocking multiple lanes & messing with people that weren't doing a fucking thing wrong. Sorry - but I have no desire to put up with that crap. I'll cruise where the cops aren't total dickwads. Interestingly, I hardly saw any cops while I was cruising Snelling during BTT50s weekend - and everyone was doing the curbside crawl without any cops blocking lanes or fucking with people for simply crusing. Seems like there's a bit of stereotyping going on there!

Comment

Working...
                      X