No Racing Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Racing Today

Well it sucks that the rain is headed for the track area today. Really wanted to test out the Camaro with the intake and converter change. Guess I will wait for a day with better weather.

Yeah, the wx sure sucks! I left the GN in storage this weekend. Think this is one of the worst summers I've seen down here in quite awhile when it comes to my two main summertime hobbies - hotrodding & flying RC planes.

Getting ready to watch the NASCAR Xfinity race @ Michigan this afternoon...
    There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

Looks like this coming Friday is looking mighty good. Late afternoon test day. Not my favorite but at least I can sleep in before going out there.

Comment

Well, no w it looks like Friday is out, damn weather. I want my global warming back. Sunday is looking nice but I hate bracket racing so I will test in the AM.

Comment

Yeah, the wx sucks. Seems like whenever I want to take the GN out cruising, the wx sucks. Tomorrow is supposed to be decent, though.
          There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

Looks like I am going out on Sunday. I hate bracket racing but the air is going to be pretty good and I need to get the 358 out soon to test the L-29 engine.

Comment

Went out on the Sunday got 2 passes, the place was screwed up big time. car didn't do well only ran 11.37@114 so I am not sure why the mph was down but the converter might be hurt. I have decided to put in the 10" race converter and run my L-29 461 BBC that's didn't get tested last year.

Comment

Does seem like the trap-speed is a bit low for the ET. But shit - that's still a lot quicker than anything I've owned so far!

Best I ever did with the GN on 275/50/15 street radials w/the PST body & frame stiffeners, Eibach springs, and airbags was an 11.97 @ 115 - running 24 lb of boost on 100 octane unleaded w/alky injection. Also with a full-meal-deal Art Carr TH200, plus a 3000 RPM stall convertor w/anti-balloon plate & a Redline lockup clutch. Would definitely be quicker on drag radials, as I was traction-limited with the rock-hard BFG Radial T/As. Next quickest car I've owned was my '67 GS 400 4-speed ragtop. Managed to make a few passes in the 13.7 sec range with that, running the factory 3.36 gears on fat bias ply tube tires & 100/130 octane Avgas.

Joel

Comment

I did figure out why the car did not MPH, I had the rev limiter set too low. Was going out today but found out the idiots that run the rock catered to the 1/8 mile cry baby racers out there as a lot of them can't compete in the 1/4 mile but the owner must be losing money so the 1/8 mile crap will get the car count. The rumor for next year is they will run a lot of 1/8 mile events, it's that's the case he doesn't need my money.

Comment

Just like last month, rained again on Friday, Sat. got rained out so today they're racing. It will be 1 test run and into eliminations. Not spending the money on that again, like last time.

Comment

Well last weekend was like early Aug. Same scenario, rained Fri and Sat only race was Sunday again so it was one time trial and them eliminations. In tow weeks there is another Fri test day so I will see what happens. If it gets rained out I may just say fuck it for the year.

Comment

Looks like the 30th now for me. Preliminary weather will be Sunny and in the low 60's. Hope the car runs well or at least what the PP heads ran in 80 degree weather.

Comment

Hope the wx holds out. Would be a nice day to play.

Comment

Originally posted by Z28SSMAN View Post
                            Hope the wx holds out. Would be a nice day to play.
                            Ya I am keeping my fingers crossed, so far it looks good. I need to test these L-29 heads out after waiting for a year. Good or bad I want to see what these heads do over the peanut port heads. 11.16@118.5 for those little heads with 7.9 compression. The new heads sport and oval port, heart shaped chambers, much improved exhaust ports and the heads are ported with a full point bump in compression to 9:1 I am hoping to see a 10.90 but with the tighter converter I am not sure if it will hurt or help the ET. One thing for sure, I got another set of 4.10's in the car and I am building a new tougher rear end with 4.56's. Air looks fantastic for Friday so far.

Comment

I had a few friends that were going to go out to the last race and they canceled out "too cold outside to race" What a bunch of "pussies" the new over and staff are. Hell for years Al ran cars when It was cold, sometimes there were even snow flurries out there and we were still racing.

Comment

Working...
                              X