Cataract surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cataract surgery

Had to have cataract surgery in both eyes. Finally got done with all of the shit & got my new glasses today. Fuck, I can see better without 'em!! So now I have to go through a bunch more crap to figure out if the prescription is wrong or the glasses weren't done right.What fucking PTA!

Have any of you guys had cataract surgery?
    There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

I am sure I will Joel as the eye doc said last time I had the start of one and I have a family history of them on my Dad's side. If you can see better I sure as hell would not get any glasses if I didn't need them. Why ruin your new eyes.

Comment

Not yet for me. Age and heredity tends to do that to the best of us. Technology has changed though. Back in the 60s if you had cataract surgery, you were close to being blind.

Comment

Well...went in for a fresh eye exam this morning & found out that my eyes have changed a lot since they gave me my "final" eye exam, 3 wks after they did the last eye. So, my new glasses are way off. They're so fucked that I see double with 'em on! Today, the doc did all sorts of extra testing & had a 2nd doc check his results, just to make damn sure they got it right this time.

Then I got a call from the gal @ Pearle where I got my glasses made, and she found out that their lens shop used the WRONG type of fancy VariLux lens - so even if the prescription would've been right, I still wouldn't be able to see worth a crap!

Now they're grinding a 2nd pair of the correct type of VariLux lens with the fresh prescription - free of charge of course. In a week or so, I should be able to see better than I ever have even with glasses. Just in time for the end of hotrodding season. :(
        There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

Got my 2nd set of glasses a couple weeks later. Fuck, I can see better now than I ever have in my life!

Comment

Working...
          X