Local car sites are dwindling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Local car sites are dwindling

Not too long ago, there were a number of car sites. Minn Muscle, TwoLaneRacing and TCStangs to name a few. Also the guy with the Trans Am had his site and another one featuring foreign cars, I think it was xrated car club? I'm sure there were others I don't remember right now.
    The clowns at TCStangs thought it was a "privilege" to belong over there and if you didn't see things their way, you got banned, which lead to the formation of TCO.
    TCO was never intended to be the biggest--just a forum created so we wouldn't be silenced. Kinda like a thorn in their side.
    Now, TCStangs has moved to Facebook probably because there are no monthly hosting or server fees, but no one is posting there either.
    I plan to keep the site here rather than going to Facebook. Although Facebook can be set up to screen potential members, I like the privacy we have here.

Wow it's been 15 years and we are still here, maybe just a few of us but we're here thanks to you Glenn for keeping the dream alive and well. Maybe there are just a few of us but like you said "we will not be silenced" and the TCStains hated that. I tried a couple of months ago to lot in there to cause some trouble but they must have taken me out as it said member not found. All well, I was looking to ruin dirtbag shawns day. What ever happened to Fat Guy on a Scooter aka. Big Fat ass Mike?

Comment

• Z28SSMAN
      Z28SSMAN commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, thanks to you Bob as you pretty much keep the site going. I don't think I'd run it by myself. Too many other things going on.

I'm still around. I wasn't in charge of TCS when you guys got banned but I did come over to the dark side to visit sometimes. :)
    1966 Mustang Fastback 2+2
    2012 Ford Mustang GT convertible
    2013 Ford F-150 FX4 ECOBOOST
    1971 Chevrolet Chevelle SS 454 Clone

and others. :)

Comment

• Z28SSMAN
      Z28SSMAN commented
      Editing a comment
      Well Dan, you were one of the few civilized and reasonable members from that site. I still feel bad for you losing your mystichrome Cobra in the fire. Was it a short circuit in your garage? Hope you and family are doing well.

I remember when that TCS bullshit went down, as I got the axe, too! What a bunch of asshats!

Wasn't active on here for a number of years - but after I got my GN back last summer, I figured I'd stop in & see what the old gang has been up to. Seems to be pretty quiet in here, as compared to the "old days".
    There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

Originally posted by Fast One View Post
      I remember when that TCS bullshit went down, as I got the axe, too! What a bunch of asshats!

Wasn't active on here for a number of years - but after I got my GN back last summer, I figured I'd stop in & see what the old gang has been up to. Seems to be pretty quiet in here, as compared to the "old days".
      Wow, I didn't know that you got banned too. Ouch! We're glad to have you here.

Comment

Yeah, that's why I showed up on here! Regarding local car sites - I joined the Twin Cities Car Cruising Group on FB last season. It's for anyone who's interested in the local cruises & hangouts. Worth checking out if you're interested in local old-fashioned cruising, like what we used to do on Uni & around Lake Nokomis back in the day. https://www.facebook.com/groups/646127986212479
        There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

Originally posted by DNeinstadt View Post
          I'm still around. I wasn't in charge of TCS when you guys got banned but I did come over to the dark side to visit sometimes. :)
          Well, look who dropped by. I tried to log in over at the TCS but can't get in. I just wanted to stir the pot over there, LOL. Nice to hear from you Dan,

Comment

How about this, 15 years ago to this very day TCO was started and we're still alive while others have failed. See Glenn, we were the glue that held those other failed site together. Long live TCO!

Comment

Originally posted by MR.hp View Post

Well, look who dropped by. I tried to log in over at the TCS but can't get in. I just wanted to stir the pot over there, LOL. Nice to hear from you Dan,
              If you want to PM me your usernames on TCS I'll gladly reinstate them for some winter arguing action. :)
              1966 Mustang Fastback 2+2
              2012 Ford Mustang GT convertible
              2013 Ford F-150 FX4 ECOBOOST
              1971 Chevrolet Chevelle SS 454 Clone

and others. :)

Comment

Originally posted by DNeinstadt View Post

If you want to PM me your usernames on TCS I'll gladly reinstate them for some winter arguing action. :)
                I found my old screen name 602hp but can't reset my password as I don't know it anymore. Need to give dirtay shawn some shit for the new year, lol.

Comment

Decided to see if my old login still works over there. Last time I was on there was in 2007. Whaddya know? It does. Looks like they're shutting the site down in Dec 2023.

Comment

WTF?? We need to get more regular posters in here, or this site will also eventually go the way of the dodo bird. Tough to keep people around and/or attract newcomers to the site if there isn't anything new & interesting to read!

Joel

Comment

Originally posted by Fast One View Post
                      WTF?? We need to get more regular posters in here, or this site will also eventually go the way of the dodo bird. Tough to keep people around and/or attract newcomers to the site if there isn't anything new & interesting to read!

Joel
                      The problem is getting people to join up Joel. I made a place for your GM buddies but have not heard anything from them wanting to join up. Now we do have to screen them as there are so many bots and scammers that want to get in and and cause trouble like we had a few years ago. Some do not like Glenn and my style are we are mostly GM people and it seems like Ford and Mopar people get butthurt pretty easy. All my car friends now are on Fagbook and I sure as hell will not join that leftist crap only to be censored by some punk kid. If we want more people we need to spread the word but now that Porkey's is gone car forums are going into extinction but we will still be here. Also just like the track in the last few years, less and less are showing up to race and now no more Wed. night drags this year. After this year I may hang up the racing for a while and turn the Camaro back into a street car again.

Comment

Originally posted by MR.hp View Post

The problem is getting people to join up Joel. I made a place for your GM buddies but have not heard anything from them wanting to join up. Now we do have to screen them as there are so many bots and scammers that want to get in and and cause trouble like we had a few years ago. Some do not like Glenn and my style are we are mostly GM people and it seems like Ford and Mopar people get butthurt pretty easy. All my car friends now are on Fagbook and I sure as hell will not join that leftist crap only to be censored by some punk kid. If we want more people we need to spread the word but now that Porkey's is gone car forums are going into extinction but we will still be here. Also just like the track in the last few years, less and less are showing up to race and now no more Wed. night drags this year. After this year I may hang up the racing for a while and turn the Camaro back into a street car again.
                        Yeah, the MN GN club moved their old site to FB. I joined FB a long time ago, as it's by far the best place for musicians & sound guys to get gigs in the Twin Cities area. After I got my GN back, then I found the GN club on FB & started finding other local car-guy clubs & cruise-night clubs on there.

I told the GN guys that you made a spot for us on here, but I guess they're not interested.

Comment

Had a good thing going with the Fri-Sat evening CRB cruise, but then some dickheads ruined that last fall, by parking where they blocked customers, doing burnouts, and generally being assholes. After the Cold Steel Cruisers put a lot of time & effort to get the local CRB business on-board with it & helping to convince the Coon Rapids cops to let it happen, the business owners got tired of the dickheads blocking parking & leaving trash in the parking lots - so THEY asked the CR cops to shut it down. Only lasted for 3 seasons. What a fucking shame, as it was the closest thing to the Uni/Porky's cruise so far.

Comment

Working...
                          X