Texas Frum Roll Racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas Frum Roll Racing

Anyone remember doing this late night, lol. I love the turbo bug though.

https://youtu.be/CMJWK70paNo

Hell, yeah, we did that stuff up near Warroad a lot when I was younger. From the '50s through the '80s, County Road 5 was the place to wring your car out, frumroll, and even race from a dig. Had 1/4-mi lines & a big 'START' and 'FINISH' painted on it. Over the decades, different generations of kids kept the paint fairly fresh. The deal was that the road was ruler-straight for 12 miles, with no major intersections. Just a few minor gravel roads crossed it. Was "big farm" country, so there were few driveways. Additionally, the road ran from town, straight south into Beltrami Forest - so there was no thru-traffic. Just a few farmers driving to & from town & a few tractors running between fields during crop season. The road was nearly deserted on Friday evenings & Saturdays.

I topped-out every POS high-school car I had out there. Also topped-out dad's infamous special-order 1970 455 Stage I LeSabre out there. It was the fastest on top-end of car that our local GM dealership ever worked on back in those days. Even faster than the '70 'Vettes. I smoked the famous Dodge 440 Interceptor MN State Trooper car out on that road with that Buick. Was clocked on radar @ 147 MPH. Made it back to town & into the local Standard Station's shop in time to close the door before the Trooper came screaming through town. I can't even count how many 1/4-mi races, frumrolls, and top-end runs I made out there over the years. The 1/4 mi paint had faded away by the mid/late '80s.
    There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

Ummm, tasty frum rolls as crazy used to say. What ever happened to that guy? he was Crazy indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluetcster View Post
        Ummm, tasty frum rolls as crazy used to say. What ever happened to that guy? he was Crazy indeed.
        LOL, Damn those were fun days. Crazy one one strange person for sure.

Comment

Working...
        X