Finally put in the 2004-R in the Biscayne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally put in the 2004-R in the Biscayne

After a year of waiting to put this new transmission in I finally got it done last night. Getting the old turbo 350 out was a breeze and the 200r went in well. All the little thing that go with converting to something else is what takes time. I filled the 200r up but found an electrical issue with the car that needed to be repaired to keep from burning the car up. After that I filled the transmission to full and took it out for a drive, then it wouldn't shift so I was bummed out on that. Watched a Youtube video and found I may have had the TV cable set wrong, so I went the other way with the settings and took the car out again and it indeed was shifting well. All gears work, and downshifts nice. Boy it's great to be going 70mph at 2 grand instead of 3 grand. Time to go smoke a bowl.

Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by Z28SSMAN View Post
      Nice!
      Lizzy and I went to the Anoka car show today and the new transmission worked pretty well without the lockup feature so far. Dropped the RPM down from 2700 RPM @ 60mph to 1900 @60mph so far. The 409 really loves it.

Comment

Working...
      X