Daytona 500 weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daytona 500 weekend

Anyone else on here into NASCAR? I've been a huge fan since back in the '60s, when all we got to see on TV were a few highlights of the Daytona 500 on Wide World of Sports. Been watching all of the Cup races ever since the 1st Daytona 500 was broadcast in its entirety, back in '79.
    There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

I don't follow it that closely but admire the skill of those guys. Knowing how to draft and run that close at 180 mph is insane. Also, the estimating of when to pit (fuel/tires etc) and the seconds the crew has to make changes is quite amazing. Not like driving on 494. lol

Comment

Yeah, I've always admired the skill required. And they used to run that close at 210+ MPH. They're back up to hitting nearly 200 at the end of the straights @ Atlanta - which is now the fastest track in Cup racing, due to rule-changes @ Daytona & Talladega.

Anyway - I've been a huge NASCAR fan since back in the '60s, when all we got to see was short highlight reels of the Daytona 500 on Wide World of Sports. I've watched nearly every Cup race live, ever since the 1st Daytona 500 was broadcast in it's entirety back in 1979. Watched that one with my best friend Al who I've told you guys about before & used to have the '66 Chevelle with a 425 Olds Super Rocket, 400 Pontiac, and my '67 GS 400 engine.
      There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

Good race today, strange ending. Like watching people driving in rush hour traffic on 94.

Comment

Originally posted by fast toys View Post
          Good race today, strange ending. Like watching people driving in rush hour traffic on 94.
          LOL! At ~200 MPH!

Joel

Comment

Working...
          X