RC stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RC stuff

Anyone else into RC aircraft or cars? I've been flying RC planes since back in the '80s. Got into RC cars back then, too. Just picked up this 1/8th scale Short Course Truck/Unlimited Desert Racer. Has 4WD, torque-sensing center diff, posi rear end, limited-slip front end, all-metal gears, diffs, and driveline, full set of sealed ball-bearings, dual hydraulic shocks on each wheel, scale 4-link rear-end, independent front end, scale swaybars, fully adjustable everything, lights, waterproof electronics, and a scale interior. Top-end is around 55-60 MPH. I've only driven it once so far, though. Here's the video.

Attached Files
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 8 photos.
    There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

That's crazy!

Comment

Yeah, the RC world has gotten pretty crazy with the newer technology available. This puppy has a 3-phase brushless motor with damn near 4 HP & it weighs less than 20 lb with a 5 amp-hr 25V batt!
      There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

Holy crap that little thing is fast!

Comment

Took it to the park across from my buddy Mark's place. (My friend who has the '61 Ford salt-flats truck I used to park my GN next to at Porky's.) He shot some video of me sliding it around in the grass & sand. Had a couple nasty rolls, too - but didn't break anything!

Comment

Originally posted by MR.hp View Post
            Holy crap that little thing is fast!
            Yeah - its kinda like having a car starter motor on a 15-lb go-cart with suspension, but with ball-bearings & the ability to run the motor continuously for an hr or so.

Comment

This is gotta be the craziest RC truck I've ever seen! The details are insane, and the sound is absolutely nuts!

Comment

Working...
              X