Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rock Falls Opener

Too bad it'll rain out

I think this weekend was just a test out session.

Comment

It's been decades since I've been to the slippery rock.
      There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

Co worker drove his his Demon 170 to RF yesterday. He put lightweight wheels, skinnies and 315s. DA was around 1600 ft. DA doesn't affect S/C & turbo cars as much as NA though. It's one late model you don't want to line up against-heads up. I would not be afraid to bracket race him though. Colton 4.27.24 a.jpg Colton 4.27.24 b.jpg Colton 4.27.24 c.jpg

Comment

I hope he knows that car is illegal according to NHRA to run at their tracks. It was posted on some of the other racing sites about that car.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/2023-d...ter-mile-drags

Comment

Uhh....his car is not illegal, as his time slips are above 9.00 and below 150 mph. Now, if he runs 8.99 or 150 MPH, THEN he's illegal.

I went back and read your link and it says the 170 is banned because Dodge SAYS it runs 8.90s at over 150. Dodge advertises that time to push sales.

A hundredth of a second makes a difference.

When I bracket raced the Chevelle, I liked dialing 12.00 because 11.99 and quicker required a bar and jacket, etc. That's why I never wanted to go faster.

Both my cars can't run below 11.50 as my Camaro has T-Tops

This is from the 2024 NHRA Rule Book page XV:
            2008-2013 OEM model-year production cars are permitted to run no quicker than 10.00 (*6.40 eighth-mile) and/or no faster than 135 mph. 2014-Curent OEM model-year production cars are permitted to run no quicker than 9.00 (*5.65 eighth-mile) and/or faster than 150 mph. Drivers in vehicles running slower than 11.50 (*7.35 eighth-mile) and/or slower than 135 mph are required to wear full-length pants (no shorts); shirt- or long-sleeved shirt (no tank tops); closed shoes (no open-toe or open-heel shoes or sandals); socks and a helmet. See General Regulations 10:7 for helmet requirements. Drivers in vehicles running quicker than 11.49 (*7.35 eighth-mile) or slower than 9.00 (*5.65 eighth-mile) or faster than 135 mph or slower than 150 mph are required to wear a minimum SFI 3.2A/1 jacket; full-length pants (no shorts); closed shoes (no open toe or open-heel shoes or sandals); socks and a helmet. See General Regulations 10:7 for helmet requirements. Unaltered OEM, antilock brakes, airbag functions, stock frame\ unibody construction, including floors and firewall, as well as all other OEM safety-related systems, must be functioning as per manufacturer’s specifications. Tires used may be other than OEM, but they must be DOT approved. Convertibles quicker than 13.49 (*8.25 eighth-mile) and T-tops quicker than 11.49 (*7.35 eighth-mile) must meet Summit Racing Series roll-bar and roll-cage requirements.

Comment

I was talking with AL last night about that, and he stated the reason the 170 car is banned form NHRA tracks id because the those cars are below the 9.50 spec and need a full cage, so hence they are not allowed to race. Al also stated that Greenheck has as much clout as the Elite P/S team and looks like rule bending is ok at his track. That's good for me as I will never put any new safety stuff in my car ever again. It's good he got to race it though, would be interesting to see how BIR will handle a 170 up there as the tech crew is pretty picky as I remember.

Comment

Well Al should read the 24 NHRA rulebook. Clearly states 2014 and newer can run 9.00 and up to 150.
                Why argue with the facts? No one is bending the rules.
                Not sure why you and Al aren't getting this.
                From the 2024 NHRA rulebook: 2014-Curent OEM model-year production cars are permitted to run no quicker than 9.00 (*5.65 eighth-mile) and/or faster than 150 mph.

Comment

Originally posted by Z28SSMAN View Post
                  Well Al should read the 24 NHRA rulebook. Clearly states 2014 and newer can run 9.00 and up to 150.
                  Why argue with the facts? No one is bending the rules.
                  Not sure why you and Al aren't getting this.
                  From the 2024 NHRA rulebook: 2014-Curent OEM model-year production cars are permitted to run no quicker than 9.00 (*5.65 eighth-mile) and/or faster than 150 mph.
                  Well not sure, but that 170 car is banned from competition at any NHRA member track as I have read from NHRA, also I though they had to be in complete stock form with no slicks so as I remember a few years ago some guy with a C7 Corvette was running at the Rock, made a pass AT 10.10 and then ran some slicks RAN 9.80's and the tossed him out after that run. Also the Tesla Model S Palid is banned also I have read. No matter it's good they get to race. I guess I 'll get me one of those cars, than after the race I can do some street doughnuts, lol.

Comment

Maybe you can show me where in the 2024 NHRA rulebook you read that says the Demon 170 and Plaid are banned.
                    I went back and read it a few times and I can't find it anywhere.
                    It does say ANY car 2014 or newer can't run quicker than 9.00 or 150 mph.

Now he's running slicks? lol The tires are D.O.T. drag radials??

Here are the rules regarding tires:
                    Unaltered OEM, antilock brakes, airbag functions, stock frame\ unibody construction, including floors and firewall, as well as all other OEM safety-related systems, must be functioning as per manufacturer’s specifications. Tires used may be other than OEM, but they must be DOT approved.

I thought Al was a stock class participant? Of all people, he should know the rules. Makes me wonder about his credibility.

I'm by all means not a Dodge fan. But I can accept the rules.

Comment

Watch this one Glenn, guys running 8's with no helmet, WOW!
                      I guess I can have someone ask a Div. 5 tech director about the 170 cars. That would be the place to find out what's legal or not.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/enth...se/ar-BB1lUZA4

Comment

Working...
                      X