• Show
Clear All

• Toyota over Chevrolet?

Toyota over Chevy? Don't be too sure

MARK FROST, General Manager, Jim Ellis Chevrolet, Atlanta
    Automotive News

January 21, 2008 - 12:01 am ET

To the Editor:
    The Jan. 7 front-page story " Japan Triumphant" says that the Toyota brand is about to become No. 1 in the United States and that its victory is inevitable.
    Isn't the real story that Chevy was triumphant in 2007, beating Toyota? Toyota is closing in fast, but the headline is a prognostication, not news.
    It is unsettling how enthusiastic Automotive News is about the decline of the American manufacturers.
    How about a real news story on the effects of Toyota's ascendancy?
    How about the national trade deficit and its immediate and long-term effects on the American economy? Then report the leading contributor to the trade imbalance.
    As the economy gets tighter and more people figure out it's not where they are built that is important but where the money goes, we'll see whether Toyota's meteoric rise continues.
    Chevrolet's product is really good, just as good as, if not better than, Toyota's. I contend that people are figuring that out, too.
    I expect Automotive News to continue rooting for the " away" team. Only time will tell whether 2007 was Chevrolet's last hurrah or whether Chevrolet will have the last laugh.

Toyota well need I say more

Comment

There will never be a Toyota in my driveway.

Comment

Toyota sucks ass.

Comment

Working...
        X