GM pwnd? China... LOLZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GM pwnd? China... LOLZ

Turns out a company in China is thinking about buying up part or all of GM. Hilarious if you ask me.

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/chi...ts-eyes-on-gm/

Originally posted by itsageo View Post
    Turns out a company in China is thinking about buying up part or all of GM. Hilarious if you ask me.

The bad part about this is we are all guilty of this problem as we buy everything from china. This is no different from the late 70's through the late 80's when we used to buy everything from japan and taiwan. I felt kind of bad when I bought my new tv and there were none made in the US and all this does is help a country that can do more for it's people instead of ours.
    The biggest problem we will face is deflation. GM needs to look at trends better and market stuff sooner rather than later but it cost money.
    I can see things on cars for quality going right down the drain if this happens
    and we all remember that from the 80's cars.

Comment

Yeah, everybody should be careful about dealing with China. I've heard how they've taken a popular name brand item, reproduced it and slap their name on it.

Kinda hard to sue them when they seem to do what they want. GM does a lot of business with them...big market. Wonder if it'll come back to bite them in the arse?

As far as buying electronics from a non US company? When there are no other choices...what can you do?

When there are choices, I know where I spend my money.

Comment

You come off as a GM hater. You also come off as an idiot.

Just FYI.

Comment

Well thanks for the personal attack. Sorry I posted news about cars on a car forum. American Auto Makers are suffering from the effects of capitalism. Don't hate me, hate them.

Comment

Well itsageo, I welcome "news about cars on a car site"...however, when you add comments about how you obviously enjoy the demise of GM, then you open yourself up for opposing opinions that may not seem pleasant.

Here's the deal..although I welcome just about anyone who may like brands other than GM, I am a GM loyalist and a Big Three fan. So if you want to bash any of the above, you may face some unpleasantries.

Comment

That is fine, but the reason I find it funny is because it is not China's number one auto manufacturer.... or their second biggest manufacturer... it is their THIRD, which probably 95% of people on here have never heard of. Just the idea that there is the possibility they could buy GM is ridiculous to me. How bad of a job have the execs at GM been doing for the last 15 years to go from number one in the world to another thing that comes with a made in China sticker on it.

LOL.

Comment

That is fine, but the reason I find it funny is because it is not China's number one auto manufacturer.... or their second biggest manufacturer... it is their THIRD, which probably 95% of people on here have never heard of. Just the idea that there is the possibility they could buy GM is ridiculous to me. How bad of a job have the execs at GM been doing for the last 15 years to go from number one in the world to another thing that comes with a made in China sticker on it.

LOL.
                Don't worry, when china buys GM we can all rename the cars anyway. Wonder if they will have to recall any cars for lead base paint issues after china is the new owners.:rlol:

Comment

Well thanks for the personal attack. Sorry I posted news about cars on a car forum. American Auto Makers are suffering from the effects of capitalism. Don't hate me, hate them.
                  You post the same negative GM shit over and over again so don't come crying to me when I say you're being a bitch about it.

Comment

How is this the same old shit, I have 39 posts, this is the first one where there has been any talk of China.

You are the one who is getting butt hurt about me posting up NEWS about GM.

Comment

LOL.
                      As far as GM losing marketshare from doing a bad job? I don't know if you've been on another planet, but over the past decades the number of automakers has proliferated. It's pretty simple math. One pie with three eating from it or the same pie with 20 eating generally means the slices are going to be smaller. Why don't you try it the next time you order a pizza. Order just one and invite 20 of your associates to share it with you.

Keep in mind that GM has been the number one car company for the past 75 years. If they end up not finishing first once, it's still a remarkable accomplishment. I can't think of any other company that can match that record.

Not sure why you take pride in posting about a possible sale to someone in China as if it has already happened. Doesn't make much sense unless you're either bored or a GM hater.

Maybe you have a limited amount of reading comprehension. If you actually READ the article>>>>>This according to China’s National Business Daily via Gasgoo. His company “has not started formal discussions yet,” said Dongfeng’s Hu. He also said that “for the moment,” Dongfeng Motor has no intent to take over GM as a whole. They are interested in buying “overseas assets.”

Comment

My reading comprehension is actually very good. But, like I said, I think it is funny that it has even come close to this.

I know more people are in the market now, as I also know that GM is making some decent products again. But, many of their business practices are just bad. Like having 3 companies that basically produce the same vehicle... WHY?

As far as the taking over GM as a whole statement... How many people have you heard say that Ford owns Mazda, or GM owns such and such... They don't actually own them, they are just the largest holders of stock, or maybe the largest holders that manufacture cars, so they have joint ventures.

But again, if I said such a thing to many 'domestic' guys, they would get pissed off despite the fact they do the exact same thing, which is funny.

Comment

Nice backpeddle. lol

Comment

show me the money....... dump half of the suv line, forget about the weak maro, and all will be fine.....lmfao

Comment

Originally posted by 98 cobra s/c View Post
                              show me the money....... dump half of the suv line, forget about the weak maro, and all will be fine.....lmfao
                              Exactly, do they really need 3 versions of the same damn truck too? GM, Chevy, Cadillac?

Comment

Working...
                              X