Fuel cell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel cell

Ok guys how hard will it be to install a fuel cell and take out my gas tank and would it be worth it?

hardest part can be pluming they're pretty straight forward install. I don't really think there is a necessary need for it if mostly street. But the sure look cool.

Comment

I think your better off going with a aftermarket factory location tank with a rear sump for a street driven car.

If your full race then go with the cell. I know the fumes can get to you, I knew a guy that had a mustang hatch with the cell in the trunk and it STUNK to high hell inside that thing.

Comment

I've never seen a fuel cell on a 14 second car.

JK mustangmike

Comment

Originally posted by mustangmike View Post
          Ok guys how hard will it be to install a fuel cell and take out my gas tank and would it be worth it?
          For a street car, just sump your stock tank. You'll be much happier.

P.S. If you decide to sump your stock tank and you need someone to do it, bring it to TNT. $150 for everything. Parts, labor, etc.

Comment

$150 I might have to think about that for this summer. what's the turn around time.

Comment

ok thanks guys I wont get a fuel cell then cause my stang is more of a street car

Comment

Originally posted by 5-door View Post
                For a street car, just sump your stock tank. You'll be much happier.

P.S. If you decide to sump your stock tank and you need someone to do it, bring it to TNT. $150 for everything. Parts, labor, etc.
                Dang that is a good price, just bring the tank or the whole car? Fittings included? What size -8?

Comment

Originally posted by mustangpauly View Post
                  $150 I might have to think about that for this summer. what's the turn around time.
                  Depends how busy we are. Usually by the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by speedo View Post
                    Dang that is a good price, just bring the tank or the whole car? Fittings included? What size -8?
                    You bring us the tank. The price includes a Moroso sump with 1/2" NPT fittings, installing the sump (i.e. cutting the tank, fitting the sump, welding the sump, and sealing it if necessary).

I'd also like to add that we don't just cut a big hole in the tank and put the sump on. We mark out the sump location and drill multiple holes with a hole saw. This acts as baffling and helps ensure that the sump always stays full of fuel due to sloshing.

Also, don't just empty your used tank and bring it to us. Either bring it to a radiator shop and have it boiled, or stick a garden hose in it in the driveway and just let it over flow for an hour or two. This has always been good enough to get all the gas and combustible fumes out of the tank.

Comment

then dry it with a torch right.

Comment

K sounds good I will probably take you guys up on this

Comment

Working...
                        X