2011 Duramax specs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 Duramax specs

Looks like GM is the winner in the Diesel hp & torque wars. Rumor has it that Ford will re-tune their diesel to top GM.

Chevrolet Silverado HD at the Chicago Auto Show, but it kept the performance specs for the new Duramax diesel engine as well as the Silverado’s sister truck, the GMC Sierra, under wraps. As it turns out, GM was just playing a chess match with Ford Motor Company by unveiling the updated 2011 GMC Sierra Denali HD today in addition to announcing the torque and horsepower numbers for the updated engine at the 2010 NTEA Work Truck Show in St. Louis, Mo. Although the new, luxurious GMC Sierra Denali HD was introduced today, all of the heavy-duty GM trucks will be available with the 6.6-liter Duramax V-8 that produces up to 397 horsepower and 765 lb-ft of torque.
    With this latest power upgrade, the 2011 Chevrolet Silverado HD and 2011 GMC Sierra HD now boast best-in-class horsepower and torque. In comparison, the 2011 Ford F-Series Super Duty produces 390 horsepower and 735 lb-ft of torque from the Power Stroke V-8, while the 2010 Dodge Ram HD puts out 350 horsepower and 650 lb-ft of torque from its Cummins inline-6. The new Duramax V-8 improves its power output by 32 horsepower and 105 lb-ft of torque, but the updated engine apparently does all this without negatively affecting the environment. While specific fuel economy figures haven’t been released, GMC did say that the new truck could travel up to 680 miles on a single tank of diesel fuel.

This is awesome. I so want a new Duramax but for god's sake who would ever pay that kinda money for one of those things!? I know, i know,............
    2001 Trans Am All Motor 9.75 @139mph

Comment

Working...
    X