Anybody else get this from Summit Racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody else get this from Summit Racing

Contact Congress to Prevent E15 Fuel from Damaging Your Hobby!
    Don't miss out! Add news@summitracing.com to your Contacts
    Put the Brakes on Harmful E15 Gasoline!

Dear Fellow Enthusiast,

Once again, Summit Racing Equipment is reaching out to automotive enthusiasts to raise awareness about an issue that could directly affect your hobby.

Recently, the U.S. Court of Appeals dismissed a lawsuit which challenged the Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) authority to permit 15% ethanol (E15 content in gasoline for 2001 and newer model year cars and light trucks). Along with SEMA and its member companies, we oppose the use of E15 based on scientific evidence that it causes corrosion on incompatible parts—specifically aftermarket parts designed for performance vehicles like yours.

To protect your hobby, SEMA is seeking the passage of congressional legislation (H.R. 3199), which would prevent the EPA from permitting E15 sales until the National Academies has conducted a study on how E15 may impact gas-powered vehicles. With little time to address the bill before the fall elections, it's important that lawmakers hear from you. Without your help, E15 fuel may soon appear at a gas station near you!

We Urge You to Contact Your Members of Congress to Request Their Support for H.R. 3199…

Here are a Few Talking Points:

Ethanol increases water formation that can then create formic acid and corrode metals, plastics, and rubber. Older cars and certain high performance specialty parts are not constructed with corrosion-resistant materials or able to tolerate the higher temperatures at which E15 may burn.

The EPA has acknowledged the dangers and made it "illegal" to put E15 in pre-2001 vehicles. However, the EPA is willing to risk destruction of the vehicle/parts by relying solely on a gas pump label cautioning motorists not to misfuel their older vehicles. The EPA estimates that there are 74 million such vehicles in harm's way.

Many auto enthusiasts have complained for years about damage caused by E10, which is now in over 90% of gas sold in the U.S. For example, corrosion has time to damage the engine, fuel line, fuel tank, and exhaust systems when classic cars are infrequently driven. E15 increases the risk of corrosion by 50%.

The EPA permitted the sale of E15 before there was conclusive information with respect to materials compatibility, tailpipe emissions and fuel efficiency.

H.R. 3199 would stop the sale of E15 until the National Academies has conducted a study on how gasoline blended with 15-20% ethanol may impact gas-powered vehicles.

Contact your members of Congress immediately by phone or e-mail to
    request their support of HR 3199.

To identify your federal Representative and Senators in the U.S. Congress, click here.

Please e-mail a copy of your e-mail to Stuart Gosswein stuartg@sema.org.

Thank you again for your support!

What do you think of this?
    90 5.0 GT New combo
    11.84 @ 113 1.64 60' Dynoed 428hp 419tq Dyno Vid Dyno sheet

I hadn't seen it. Thanks for posting.

Comment

I don't who would be behind this crap of adding more of the alky stuff to fuel. Cars will get worse mileage and have a lot more trouble with misfires, failed injectors and burn valves. I am sure some politition will get some kickback and the farmers want more subsidies form the govt. I really want my mileage on my turck to fall in the single digits due to these idiots. I am all for getting rid of the E10 crap we have now.

Comment

Come on,who else butt obuma. He is the dumb ass in charge.
        Drag Racing,just you,me,and the tree!!

Comment

Originally posted by Eric N. View Post
          Come on,who else butt obuma. He is the dumb ass in charge.
          The people before him is where the E15 got started. No matter who is in charge they just keep giving in to the oil companies. We now have oil coming in from ND but the price keeps going up. We will just keep getting screwed untill we put the hurt on them.

Comment

No need to get too political and call names...but I think this discussion is worthy because it affects us car guys.

What disgusts me is the media gives this administration a free ticket on quite a few things. Pre '08, anytime the gas prices increased, it was all over the media blaming the previous admin. I heard people repeatedly say the Pres and VP were getting kickbacks from Haliburton as to why the prices were high. Prices ended up being around $1.80 back in '08.

Now... when it's $3.75...the media and most people say nothing. If fact they now say the admin can't do much about gas prices. If you look at the polls about what's important...gas prices are way down on the list. Even though gas prices raise the price of just about everything we buy, people say nothing about how pathetic it is to pay $3.75 a gallon. I hate the double standard.

Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Working...
            X