GM vs. Ford trucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GM vs. Ford trucks

We've all heard about the EcoBoost craze--about how it can pull 15,000 lbs and get over 20mpg (anyone with a brain larger than a pea would know that's not possible) I just saw a commercial pinning it against a Chev where they were pulling what looked like a 36ft boat up a hill and they say "the Chev was struggling". You know---the typical Ford loyalists raving about their F Series.

I'll admit...the F Series is a good truck with a large loyal following--and I think that's great. But has anyone really thought about how impressive the GM trucks are and how well they are received--considering they've been overdue for a re-design? I mean...c'mon...they're competing with a F-series that's a new design and has been for years..

Like I said before...I drove my Nephews Eco-Boost and as I slid in the driver's seat, he looked over at me and said "yeah uncle--I know it doesn't drive as nice as a Chev". How sad is that? A new design against current GM trucks overdue for a re-design and that's his honest opinion!

Here's an interesting article...

http://www.fool.com/investing/genera...-f-series.aspx

Where is the motor trends top truck this year Ram? I personally liked when trucks rode and looked like trucks not glorified cars with man steps and 10 inch tv screens in the dash.
    90 5.0 GT New combo
    11.84 @ 113 1.64 60' Dynoed 428hp 419tq Dyno Vid Dyno sheet

Comment

Yeah, Ram has enjoyed sales growth. They primarily have done it by selling the bulk of their trucks at thousands less than Ford and GM. Couldn't compete head to head, so they steal market share with price with their 25C packages. Their top of the line Laramie and Longhorn have vastly improved interiors. I still think the front end is homely. Rear bumper opening for duals is a nice touch

The Hemi trademark is a marketing ploy running on the coat-tails of the real Hemi hot rods. It's a gas guzzling pig. They advertise over 20mpg, but the fine print is for 4x2. Typical real world mileage is 13-14 if you're lucky. A full sized truck with rear coil springs is a joke though. Gives comfortable ride, but a pickup with coils is a joke. They are advertising a new 8-speed transmission to help fuel economy, but not many out on the lots.

Comment

Working...
      X