Comment

yeah kinda

Comment

Would be smarter to bring back the TA IMO

Comment

Originally posted by superford3 View Post
            so its a new camaro with a dress up kit
            I agree

Think it will go over better than the last one? Herd on tv alot of 60's GTO owners didn't like the newer one. Liked the power just not the overall design.

Comment

Originally posted by Fotoboy View Post
              Would be smarter to bring back the TA IMO
              agreed.

the GTO was never a pony platform.

Comment

Originally posted by HerrKooled View Post
                the GTO was never a pony platform.
                I thought it was one of the first.......small car big powerful engine......

Comment

We always thought of the '64 GTO as a Tempest with a Bonneville engine.
                  They were pretty plain looking cars though until '66 and '67. Those were and still are my favorite...of course I liked all the GM intermediates from those years.

From what I saw, they really weren't very quick...just a nice driving car. There was a lot of talk about how fast and quick they were, but from what I saw they were no match for the higher revving Chevs.

Comment

Originally posted by Old School View Post
                    I thought it was one of the first.......small car big powerful engine......
                    the GTO is considered the first "muscle car"

pony cars are your trans am, camaro, mustang, challenger, cuda etc etc.

considering the main car is the camaro, it should be it's sister car, the trans am. the GTO never shared the same platform as a camaro. that would be like saying the chevelle shares the same platform as the camaro. the GTO was an itermediate, with a large engine. usually when you take a mid size 2 door family car, stuff a high horsepower big block V8 (smallblock considering 1964) and a 4 speed into it, it becomes muscle car.

Comment

couldn't have said it better

Comment

Originally posted by HerrKooled View Post
                        the GTO is considered the first "muscle car"

pony cars are your trans am, camaro, mustang, challenger, cuda etc etc.
                        I just remember watching an old car program on the GTO and thought they said it was a "pony car" IDK The 66 & 67 models do look pretty nice though.

Comment

Needs less retro. An evolution of the last one would be nice, but for godsake, just stop with the retro. If I wanted an old goat, i'd get one, and that goes the same for the mustang, challenger, camaro, and thunderbird.

Comment

Well I respect your opinion but I think new cars all look a like and that's what makes then look like belly buttons. All the car makers need to do a better job of making things look better not like the other guy. I am tired of domestics that look like imports.
                            I like retro at least they have some identity. That's my opinion the new GTO ehh. it's ok
                            I do like the challanger.

Comment

I'm sure it will look like a shortened 2 door G8, which I think would be a good thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X