Took 3rd in my first pre-season car show

2004 Hobby Stock
    Took 1st place in pre-season car show

Move up in 2005 to an IMCA Stock Car
    Took 1st place again in pre-season car show

2006 IMCA Stock Car
    Took 1st in pre-season car show - this by far is my favorite paint scheme

2007 IMCA Stock Car
    Took 1st in pre-season car show - Barbwire scheme took hours of vinyl application. I will never do a scheme like this again, unless I'm making money on it...lol

2008 Wissota B-Modified

2008 Craftsman Truck
    I bought this from Hendrick Motorsports and turned into a street legal racers dream. I only kept it for approx. a month before selling it to a car dealer in Texas.

Presently I am working on my latest project of a 1968 camaro rebuilding it with a frame off restoration into a Trans Am Race Replica Car. Obviously not yet complete, but will be done by spring. Thoughts are to bring this to the Pinks All Out at Indianapolis in May????

Those are some nice race cars and I am sure your Camaro will be just as nice. Looking forward to seeing it in the spring.
    What brand of wheels are those? they would look good on my '68 Bird.

Comment

The are American Racing Torqlite rims. Finally found rims with the look that I was after, that was a cat/mouse chase finding them although. American Racing quit making them. Of course I didn't know this at the time I decided thats what I wanted. You can still find them on ebay as old stock.

Comment

Thanks for the info, I will look on line for them

Comment

Daayum! I thought I was a gear-head!

It's obvious that 68maro believes in sanitary equipment.

Pinks in May? should be interesting.

can 68maro retrain himself to race in a straight line instead of turning left? j/k

lol

Comment

Originally posted by Z28SSMAN
            Wow! I thought I was a gear-head!

It's apparent that 68maro is talented.

should be interesting to see if he can go drag racing instead of turning left!

j/k

Pretty funny Z28SSMAN!! Never really thought of myself as a "gearhead" Labels are full of expectations, and I don't like expecations. I like to think that I am smart enough person to surround myself around other "talented" people that can assist me in my Builds.

Ex. Tork did the surperb welding and installing of the cage in my camaro. I can weld, but nowhere to the extent of the great job he did.

In my past builds I had the help of body guys, painters, vinyl people etc. Since then I have learned alot of these traits and even purchased a vinyl cutter to allow myself to do alot of my own stuff. From becoming a Graphic Designer, to learning that turning left thing, to even learning HTML to build my own website etc.

The point I'm trying to make besides rambling is; there are great people everywhere you look that will share their knowledge and whatever special skill they offer. I surround myself with people I can learn from and expand my own abilities.

Gearhead, not so much, Someone that has alot of drive to take on a project and see it completed would be more like it. A little A.D.D. probably never hurt and aid in the ability to accomplish a resotoration project over a couple winter months.

If I'm around you, be carefull, I may just be learning whatever knowledge/trait you have to offer....

Thanks for the compliment although!

Bye the way, about the Pinks thing...... I never said I'd be fast.... LOL, that's why I would bring it to the "All-out" Primarily would be going for the experiance with my son for a vacation. I'll probably make a fool out of myself! Only one way to find out although.

Comment

Working...
            X