My GTO at NorthStar in 73

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My GTO at NorthStar in 73

My 66 GTO at Northstar, 400, M-20 Muncie 4.56 12 bolt as I recall, ran mid to hi 11's in SS/I. SS/I class had a lot of traffic, 396 Camaro's, 340 darts,Cuda's and dusters. Did ok, had a nice collection of class trophies.405958_1800762036135_1676123533_n.jpg The pictures are a little rough, weren't that good to start with from 73.

Cool pic. Brings back memories. If you were running mid to hi 11s in'73, had to have been a national record holder for SS/I.

Comment

66 GTO at Northstar

I could be wrong but I think the National record was something like 11.35 and I know I was no where close to that but was with in a second, in that area. That sounds funny to say because we are used to thousandths of a second win or loose today. The track was a little unpredictable in those days but we had fun and the numbers, well, if we won the numbers didn't matter. Just talked to a guy that went with me most times, he said I mostly ran low 12's and very high 11's on occasion and his memory may be more credible than mine. Well now, that's more like it, thanks Mikey!!
      Last edited by jeffco; 12-11-2012, 10:24 PM.

Comment

No big deal. I'm glad to see any pics from back then. Plus, the'66 GTO was in my opinion the sharpest year of any. Everything from body panels to interior and dash were just plain cool. Even the taillights were cooler than '67.

Comment

66 Gto

The only 2 cars that used those tail light, 66 GTO and 66 Sprint, sure wish I had it back today.

Comment

the older I get the faster I was

Comment

Originally posted by Fatcat View Post
              the older I get the faster I was
              I just watch a race where you and Dan Zrust went at it on a Diamond P network. Love watching them old races.

Comment

Working...
              X