Old School Mustang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old School Mustang

Just got the loop installed from Tork. Nice work Tork.

Just installed the rear firewall.
    Before

After

And from the inside

As I said in the Car Smack section, my fan decided to go at it with my radiator. Think it was a draw Looking into a scirocco style radiator. Anyone use these before? Input????
    This is what I'm looking at. And possibly going with their shroud.
    http://www.jegs.com/photos/55040735.jpg

Planing on doing lots more work and will post pics as it all gets done.

Pete, how far is it from the loop to the front joint? NHRA spec is something like 6" max, looks to be 10" or so? Could very well be the pictures angle or something. I don't have the rule book handy, I can check it for ya if need be.

The Scirocco radiators are small, lightweight, and nice. The only concern I would have is cooling capacity for your engine- not so much at the track, but on the street. I really don't think it'll get the job done, unless you were on alcohol.

Check here- http://www.rondavisradiators.com/radgallery.htm and scroll down to the Ford section. I really don't know which one would fit yours best, you know more about the Mustangs than I do.

I think you'd be better off spending the cash for one of theirs. There could very well be other companies out there with better prices or products, I'm familiar with Ron's stuff, and have no complaints.

Comment

Your right, just the angle of the pic. Thanks for the other info. You know more about what will work for racing and what will not. Deffinately going to check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Rocket View Post
        Pete, how far is it from the loop to the front joint? NHRA spec is something like 6" max, looks to be 10" or so? Could very well be the pictures angle or something. I don't have the rule book handy, I can check it for ya if need be.

The Scirocco radiators are small, lightweight, and nice. The only concern I would have is cooling capacity for your engine- not so much at the track, but on the street. I really don't think it'll get the job done, unless you were on alcohol.

Check here- http://www.rondavisradiators.com/radgallery.htm and scroll down to the Ford section. I really don't know which one would fit yours best, you know more about the Mustangs than I do.

I think you'd be better off spending the cash for one of theirs. There could very well be other companies out there with better prices or products, I'm familiar with Ron's stuff, and have no complaints.
        it is back further than its supposed to be, shut up matt, there not going to call him on that, how many times have they measured your loop, mine in 20 years has never been checked, most of the time they dont even look to see if I have one, remind me to kick you in the nuts next time I see you,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5aBGVPVe0g

Comment

Say tork, what radiator you got. How does it do on the street when you drive? I thought yours looks like the scirocco style..

Comment

Originally posted by Old School View Post
            Say tork, what radiator you got. How does it do on the street when you drive? I thought yours looks like the scirocco style..
            not sure, I bought it many years ago, to be honest I think it is from an f-150 or 250 ford truck from the mid 90's not sure though.

Comment

Originally posted by torkflight View Post
              it is back further than its supposed to be, shut up matt, there not going to call him on that, how many times have they measured your loop, mine in 20 years has never been checked, most of the time they dont even look to see if I have one, remind me to kick you in the nuts next time I see you,
              Mine's never been checked. I hear ya, only takes one time to get busted to ruin a weekend though. I'm just looking out for a fellow "racer".. :lol:

My nuts are off limits to you mister!!!

Comment

Looks good Pete.. Should be ready for pinks now once you get that rad and new fan ordered.

I was at torks shop last night for a couple hours just can't belive the diverse cars in and out of that place 500hp fwd imports to hillbilly Camaro cars and everything in between........ That town is a one stop shop for all my car/golfcart/motorhome needs with torkflight and ramairws6 there.

Comment

Originally posted by speedo View Post
                  Looks good Pete.. Should be ready for pinks now once you get that rad and new fan ordered.

I was at torks shop last night for a couple hours just can't belive the diverse cars in and out of that place 500hp fwd imports to hillbilly Camaro cars and everything in between........ That town is a one stop shop for all my car/golfcart/motorhome needs with torkflight and ramairws6 there.
                  Thanks. Your car looks pretty good with that new cage in Guess when your as good as tork is everyone in the area wants you to do the work on their car

Comment

Originally posted by Old School View Post
                    Thanks. Your car looks pretty good with that new cage in Guess when your as good as tork is everyone in the area wants you to do the work on their car
                    about time you come around and realize the truth bitch

Comment

:rotfl: +1 on on the great work!
                      Originally posted by torkflight View Post
                      about time you come around and realize the truth bitch

Comment

curious are you running an 8" rear end. Where did you bolt the loop right around the shift area in the tunnel.

Comment

Your right. 8" for now. Plan to switch to a 9" in the future, or when this one goes. In the pic you can see the seat belt bolts through the floor. The bolts were installed through the seam in the two halves of the carpet. My guess is about a foot rear of the shifter hole.

Comment

ok I know about where your talking I sam the seatbelt bolts that's I guessed where I thought.

Comment

looks like a really nice DS loop, better then the flat steel bolt togeather stuff you get for the ol' mustang I have...

Comment

Working...
                              X