Another vw !?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another vw !?!?!

The olds is napping and I ended up with another golf shell.. this one needs a bunch of work, but I intend on getting it done to make it my daily, as the vw I'm driving right now is taking a poop.. Plan to clean up the engine bay, since the idiot that owned it before me took two of the rod caps out and didn't put them back :-/ .. anyhow, its pretty ugly, but will get a garage paint job this spring most likely..

how I got it, floors were super hoopty fixed and rusty...

so I started fixing the floor, and pulled the motor last night

hopefully get this thing done sometime this spring, so I can focus on getting my olds 6 speed powered.

-Aaron
    87 cutlass
    76 olds 350/t56 3.73's
    87 olds 442 - old mans ride
    355 sbc, th200-4r, 3.73's

I wish I had that much energy!

Comment

yeah, I have to work off my man boobs:laugh_smile:, I suppose I should set down the beer first..

yeah, dropping a motor without an engine hoist takes some energy, so does dragging it out of the way so I can get to all the fun stuff that is the engine bay/dirt and grease.. I think I'm going to convert to rear discs, as I have 90% of the stuff from junk yarding because I was going to do it to my vw I have now.

have another 16v to replace this one, as the one that was in there had two of the rod caps taken out for some odd reason.. I intend on getting the car down to ~2000-2200lbs and make around 150hp out of it, should be fun winding out the little 4 banger to 7-7.2k and such.

I love my olds, but this thing has the one thing my olds doesn't, it can turn like a champion. I am scoring a cheap set of coilovers for this car for 200~ bucks and with some good rubber I think I'm going to try my hand at auto x this summer.

-Aaron
      87 cutlass
      76 olds 350/t56 3.73's

Comment

I've seen a guy driving around the west suburbs with one of those with a roll cage. Lol

Comment

yeah? what color is it, I know probably 10-15 guys that have one of these cars rolling around. I want to get mine done for the euro car show that I help out with in june

-Aaron
          87 cutlass
          76 olds 350/t56 3.73's

Comment

I can't remember what color. Maybe a light yellow? I dunno. I only remember pulling behind him on a metered ramp and saw the cage. He had some type of autocross sticker on it. About a month later, I saw him again in the same area (55 & 394 then hwy 55) Guy was probly mid to late 50s.

Comment

hmm, that one doesn't sound like one I know of. now you have me intrigued

-Aaron
              87 cutlass
              76 olds 350/t56 3.73's

Comment

1 step forward, 3 steps back it seems. got this done last night. then on my way home, clutch grenades in my other vw.. after waiting for the tow truck for an hour finally got back to the shop and said f it, and am driving the olds right now.

Last edited by smooth_358; 03-11-2010, 09:04 AM.

-Aaron
                87 cutlass
                76 olds 350/t56 3.73's

Comment

floors are done, well, done enough.. still need some work, but time is short at the moment.. major motivation killer is lack there of money right now..

got the suspension and subframe out

coilovers had

steering rack put together

wheel parts

scored brakes for cheap. going from non upgradeable 9.4" spindles to later upgradable 10.1" brakes. If I find the parts, I can go up to 11.3" with the spindles as well

wiring harness out, other side of the engine bay is coming along

-Aaron
                  87 cutlass
                  76 olds 350/t56 3.73's

Comment

looking good

Comment

so, I have ten days left.. alot of misc crap and time and other things was spent on this crap.. polishing lips got started, but there isn't time to make them mirrors (finished with 600 :o ).. got the bay painted last night.. suspension parts picked up, etc.. car won't be fully painted in the ten days, but I hope to get it back together and running/driving hopefully for then. Have to get some tires mounted, and an alignment as well.

-Aaron
                      87 cutlass
                      76 olds 350/t56 3.73's

Comment

got some crap done friday

-Aaron
                        87 cutlass
                        76 olds 350/t56 3.73's

Comment

more crap done saturday, still so much to do.. its going to be close if I even get it done this week.. Only having hand tools makes the process a little longer than I want it to be, but there is nothing I can do about that.

-Aaron
                          87 cutlass
                          76 olds 350/t56 3.73's

Comment

was making decent progress last night, then on the last bolt of the third wheel... ratchet slipped off of the nut, pinching my finger between itself and the wheel and squishing it to the point where it like popped open.. very much pain and blood was had stopping progress one wheel short.

-Aaron
                            87 cutlass
                            76 olds 350/t56 3.73's

Comment

wheels are together, going to get tires mounted today

-Aaron
                              87 cutlass
                              76 olds 350/t56 3.73's

Comment

Working...
                              X