• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rx7

1987 RX7 SE
    Manual everything

1991 chevy 350 4 bolt main.

1991 700R4 out of a camaro ..

Well Did alot of cleaning and dis assembly . had the block bored .30 over line honed , hot tanked magna fluxed and had new cam bearings installed .. brought it home and painted it and coated it in wd40 ..

The Tranny was cleaned and painted ... its weighting to go to a tranny shop for some upgrades,, Beast sunshell, Kevlar bands , Billit servos and upgraded clutches ..

I took out the 4 bolt rear end and replaced it with a lsd out of a GXL

For the motor I have trw forged pistons, pink rods and a scat cast crank , all have been balanced together ..
    I have a Demon street demon 750 cfm carb to top it all off

Now I just need heads and headers ..

Heres a bunch of pics .. the first few are a dry fiting of the motor in the car with the cradle I made..

Random pics of the car .. Some have my other rx7 in them i'll make a thread for it latter..

The hood.. Making a cowl ..

some engine pics
    Tare down

Comment

The rims I plan on using . 16 x 9
      as they started

I striped them and soda blasted them ..

Polished the lips

heres the crank and pistons and bearings and such

Comment

Cool! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

That car is going to be cool

Comment

Thanks for the link! Looks great! I didn’t realize I was already a member on this site. Lol I found it googling around one day a while back and thought it was pretty cool. Ill have to spend a little more time on here. Right after you left I found all my comp cutting tools. Lol if you decide you want to do screws and guides yourself, feel free to give me a shout. Your more then welcome to borrow them. did you make him hold the vortecs on the way home? lol

Comment

Im pretty sure that these are the rockers im going to go with
              http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...48162277456004

Witch means I will have to go to 3/8 studs .... I have to get it all put together so i can get the pushrod length measured and get a set ordered .. I also want to get a stud girdle.

Comment

Originally posted by Toomanycars View Post
                Im pretty sure that these are the rockers im going to go with
                http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...48162277456004

Witch means I will have to go to 3/8 studs .... I have to get it all put together so i can get the pushrod length measured and get a set ordered .. I also want to get a stud girdle.
                if your going for the studs, you may just as well mill down and toss plates in also. then you wont need the guided rockers. just a suggestion. I have the cut tool for that also. like i said your more then welcome to use them. i also have a length checker here but you can make one real fast by cutting a standard push rod, threading the inside and adding a piece of all-thread. work's perfectly.

I see mudtrux is lurking around this site also. shout out to Ken. Hey Ken. lol

Comment

looks like PM rods? are they from that 4bolt? was it a marine or crate?

Comment

the rods came with the pistons when I got them .. I was told they were stock rods from a late mod 350 i have not checked the numbers as of yet ..

Comment

the rods came with the pistons when I got them .. I was told they were stock rods from a late mod 350 i have not checked the numbers as of yet ..
                      its hard to tell from the pic but the caps look like pm rods. they were common in the crate and marine mills. the caps will be smoother looking then the standard rod.

Comment

down loaded comp cams camquest and put in all the info that i have and it gave me

Part# 08-423-8

http://www.compcams.com/Cam_Specs/Ca...?csid=188&sb=2

Comment

still needs some work but its geting there ...

Comment

Comment

There goes the sleeper look. should be a fun car.

Comment

Working...
                              X