project update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• project update

this is the motor i have been debating, ripping apart, or running it because it seemed strong and i chose to rip it apart. so ya im pissed now that i pulled the heads and just went all out and pulled everything. the pistons sat on average .021 in the hole, the tiniest bit of ridge wear on few cylinders, the motor is in great shape right now, but i pulled everything, i need to find some standard bore 6cc dish, and im going to mill it .010 and get it up to the 9.1-9.4 range. good old N crank shall get its pilot bushing hole machined in it today

-Aaron
    87 cutlass
    76 olds 350/t56 3.73's
    87 olds 442 - old mans ride
    355 sbc, th200-4r, 3.73's

Holy cow those are old pictures!!

Looks like you're making some nice progress

Comment

An Olds with a stick, I like it! I don't know how stout your gonna make this enging but Mondello has some key things to do to the oil system to make them last, since you have it apart.

Comment

Originally posted by ReRod View Post
        Holy cow those are old pictures!!

Looks like you're making some nice progress
        ya my camera likes to reset the time and date when the batteries die, and i dont feel like resetting it every time

i dont think this engine will be revved over 5400 rpm anyhow or i would be putting oil restrictors in for sure, i might just do it now and put in a high volume oil pump

-Aaron
        87 cutlass
        76 olds 350/t56 3.73's

Comment

so my apparently the harmonic balancer was moving on the nose of the crankshaft to the point that i need to replace it... the $$ keeps going up

-Aaron
          87 cutlass
          76 olds 350/t56 3.73's

Comment

cool car

Comment

My good friend Blake just restored his '87 442. I built a 455 for it.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandmaGold View Post
                My good friend Blake just restored his '87 442. I built a 455 for it.
                i contemplated doing a 455 build, however i like the 350 so i can masquerade it as a 307 and not many people will tell the difference

update: the tranny showed up yesterday cant wait to be

-Aaron
                87 cutlass
                76 olds 350/t56 3.73's

Comment

Sweet project! How much fabing do you have to do to put a stick in a cutlass?
                  90 5.0 GT New combo
                  11.84 @ 113 1.64 60' Dynoed 428hp 419tq Dyno Vid Dyno sheet

Comment

not too much, just the x member and cutting a hole in the floor, and driveshaft. they make a bellhousing for the swap, and i scored some premade hydraulic clutch pedals for a g body that were on evilbay with a slip on hydraulic t/o bearing. should be a pretty straight forward install, i hope to have it done by the end of april

-Aaron
                    87 cutlass
                    76 olds 350/t56 3.73's

Comment

Are you running a McLeod bellhousing? If so let me know how they align, if any better then a Lakewood.

Comment

im pretty sure that mcleod is the only place that makes one for this conversion, so when i cough up the 430 bucks for one it better align beautifully

-Aaron
                        87 cutlass
                        76 olds 350/t56 3.73's

Comment

Great car. My brother had a Cutlass with a 455 back in the day and I loved that car.

Comment

update

got my crankshaft today little bit dissapointed that its not a nodular... it has the numbers 242 and a 21? idk. Also my pistons arrived zillner #9374 or badger p518 or fedmog 332np anybody know off hand the cc? I painted the oil pan. Have headers sitting in the garage. the rockers should be in the mail soon then it will all go off to machine work land

-Aaron
                            87 cutlass
                            76 olds 350/t56 3.73's

Comment

Nice.

Comment

Working...
                              X