New Builds?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Builds?!

What's going on? The rumor mill has been churning as of late about a handfull of peeps that hang in our circle built new engines and have even dynoed them. Where are all the numbers and discussions on here!? Tork, what is your deal on this stuff....... used to be all over this kinda stuff. You get your butt hurt on the internets too or what!!??
    2001 Trans Am All Motor 9.75 @139mph

What are you build plans this year? New cam, heads? How is your trans holding up?
    90 5.0 GT New combo
    11.84 @ 113 1.64 60' Dynoed 428hp 419tq Dyno Vid Dyno sheet

Comment

Originally posted by fastkeen View Post
      What are you build plans this year? New cam, heads? How is your trans holding up?
      Not sure yet. I pulled my engine last week and found out what i suspected. Had 3 cylinders 30-40% leak! Not good but knowing that i can't imagine what the thing could do with a fresh motor. I know one intake vavlve is leaking for sure and i'm not sure why? I hope it's not bent cause those titanium valves are spendy. I'm thinking the rings are bad but don't know how it could be in just 3 holes.The other 5 were within 2% which is excellent. We'll see after i pull the heads. Maybe i have scored cylinders, craked rings/pistons. We'll see....

Comment

Originally posted by fastkeen View Post
        Cam and heads will stay the same. Not going to spend much, just want it back together and fresh. The cam i have now has the best drivability i've ever had and i don't want to mess with it! Course i can thank Andy for that. Where the hell is that Speedo been hiding anyways? I tried emailing him and calling but........??

Comment

Originally posted by ramairws6 View Post
          Not sure yet. I pulled my engine last week and found out what i suspected. Had 3 cylinders 30-40% leak! Not good but knowing that i can't imagine what the thing could do with a fresh motor. I know one intake vavlve is leaking for sure and i'm not sure why? I hope it's not bent cause those titanium valves are spendy. I'm thinking the rings are bad but don't know how it could be in just 3 holes.The other 5 were within 2% which is excellent. We'll see after i pull the heads. Maybe i have scored cylinders, craked rings/pistons. We'll see....
          what do you mean fresh motor? what is yours? there cant be more than 500 miles on that thing, and who in our group of car buddies is building new motors?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5aBGVPVe0g

Comment

Heres one of my new projects. Hoping it moves good :)

Comment

Originally posted by torkflight View Post
              what do you mean fresh motor? what is yours? there cant be more than 500 miles on that thing, and who in our group of car buddies is building new motors?
              Actually closer to 3500-5000 miles. You know who i'm talking about too but i supose it's a big secret........

Comment

Originally posted by tls90lx View Post

Looks good!

Comment

Originally posted by tls90lx View Post

You are fast enough, Give us slower guys a chance to catch up:rlol:

Comment

Actually closer to 3500-5000 miles. You know who i'm talking about too but i supose it's a big secret........
                    Brad? or Pete? they are the only 2 guys I know that built anything

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5aBGVPVe0g

Comment

Originally posted by torkflight View Post
                      Brad? or Pete? they are the only 2 guys I know that built anything
                      Yes, and yes...............

Comment

Looks good!
                        Thankyou. Got some work to do, but hopefully be out this summer

Comment

Originally posted by MR.hp View Post
                          You are fast enough, Give us slower guys a chance to catch up:rlol:
                          LOL!! It took racing for 15 years and ALOT of help from great freinds and family to go that quick.
                          Last edited by tls90lx; 04-07-2011, 12:45 PM.

Comment

As of yesterday my car has a motor and trans in it. Thats the first time in over a year!
                            5.55@126
                            8.67@155
                            www.tntraceshop.com

Comment

Originally posted by shagwag View Post
                              As of yesterday my car has a motor and trans in it. Thats the first time in over a year!
                              This thread is worthless without picts!!

Comment

Working...
                              X