445 LS7 Numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 445 LS7 Numbers

Alot of you guys on here don't frequent the boards i do so i thought i'd post up my results of the 441 refresh. Upon tear down and inspection piston 8 was getting it's skirt chewed up for awhile by the relucter ring. Also a big concern was always why it was using oil and the oil was always black no matter the miles on the oil change. Come to find out that the oil scraper ring must have been for a 4 inch bore instead of a 4x1.25 like it was suppose to be because there was about 120 thousands gap!! Piss poor build done and not taking attention to detail to say the least! On to the build.....

Basically same everything from before except for pistons. Had to bore it a tad is why it's a 445 now obviously. Ended up with 13:5 to 1 compression on E85. I'm happy with the results for sure. On the crank dyno we came up with 736/646 with 22 degrees of timing in it. Not bad i guess. Just happy it's back together the right way and running strong. Bash away boys....:lol2:
    2001 Trans Am All Motor 9.75 @139mph

Originally posted by ramairws6 View Post
    Alot of you guys on here don't frequent the boards i do so i thought i'd post up my results of the 441 refresh. Upon tear down and inspection piston 8 was getting it's skirt chewed up for awhile by the relucter ring. Also a big concern was always why it was using oil and the oil was always black no matter the miles on the oil change. Come to find out that the oil scraper ring must have been for a 4 inch bore instead of a 4x1.25 like it was suppose to be because there was about 120 thousands gap!! Piss poor build done and not taking attention to detail to say the least! On to the build.....

Basically same everything from before except for pistons. Had to bore it a tad is why it's a 445 now obviously. Ended up with 13:5 to 1 compression on E85. I'm happy with the results for sure. On the crank dyno we came up with 736/646 with 22 degrees of timing in it. Not bad i guess. Just happy it's back together the right way and running strong. Bash away boys....:lol2:
    Can't bash a 736hp but I am sure the other locals will try. That bird should be in the 9's for sure. Great numbers.

Comment

Thanks man....

Comment

That's impressive. Too bad about the missed details on the build. Hopefully it wasn't a Hi Tech build. or...

Comment

Originally posted by Z28SSMAN View Post
          That's impressive. Too bad about the missed details on the build. Hopefully it wasn't a Hi Tech build. or...
          No, no.....wouldn't let them look at my tricycle! It was a shop out of Cali. I ended up with some good resonably priced parts through the whole deal so i'm not saying too much. Not to mention he sent me a check for $500. Not much but i never thought i'd even get that outta him!

Comment

badass!

Comment

That's another reason I like the LSx engines. Real efficient powertrains making that much power with only 22 deg of timing.

Comment

That's another reason I like the LSx engines. Real efficient powertrains making that much power with only 22 deg of timing.
                Oh i'll be running more timing at it in the car. I think it will be around 25-28 in the chassis. The only reason was to run it safe and break it in without rattling the rings.

Comment

Yeah that's still not much timing compared to my big block Chevelle. And I only run 36 deg total where I see many guys run 42 deg.

Comment

Yeah that's still not much timing compared to my big block Chevelle. And I only run 36 deg total where I see many guys run 42 deg.
                    Yes, but your compression is no where near mine is it? These LS7 heads are a whole different ball game when it comes to timing. The Cathedral port heads seem to be able to run in the 30's, but hey if you don't need all the timing your better off!

Comment

My comp ratio couldn't be as high as yours. The pistons I use are the LS6 454 version which are 11.1 but I have the small CC heads which bump it up probably a point.

Comment

:smile tease:Awww, come on Tork.....i know you seen this thread!?? Not touching it huh!?? Hahahahahaha......

Comment

Originally posted by ramairws6 View Post
                          :smile tease:Awww, come on Tork.....i know you seen this thread!?? Not touching it huh!?? Hahahahahaha......
                          Put some 275s on that thing and come race in my class at bir the first weekend of September!
                          5.55@126
                          8.67@155
                          www.tntraceshop.com

Comment

Originally posted by shagwag View Post
                            Put some 275s on that thing and come race in my class at bir the first weekend of September!
                            I wish! No bar no race at BIR :(

Comment

That sucks. True street is a really fun class to be in.
                              5.55@126
                              8.67@155
                              www.tntraceshop.com

Comment

Working...
                              X