Firechicken gets a 6 speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firechicken gets a 6 speed

Well the time has come to start putting in the t-56. I pulled the turbo 400 tonight and I am just waiting on the new flywheel and clutch. I will get a good billet assy when I drop in the next engine if this all works out well.

I will be putting in my 4.10s again too. Happy days are here again.

Which clutch are you planning on using? The clutch in my Impala started to slip Car Craft weekend and will probably need to be replaced soon.

Randy
    www.NorthstarDetailSupply.com
    Green four door Chevy

Comment

Booo. Auto FTW

Comment

Originally posted by bluchev View Post
        Booo. Auto FTW

Why ride in a car when you can drive one?

www.NorthstarDetailSupply.com
        Green four door Chevy

Comment

Originally posted by HAULNSS View Post
          Which clutch are you planning on using? The clutch in my Impala started to slip Car Craft weekend and will probably need to be replaced soon.

Randy

I just bought Zoom clutch, I will get a good one when I drop in the 10 sec engine that is in the Camaro.

Comment

Originally posted by bluchev View Post
            Booo. Auto FTW
            Can't say nothing bad a bout my turbo 400, Been in the car since '88 and had 90K on when I got it, So it's has had a good run. Boaring to drive but still had enough to go low 11's a few times.

Comment

6 speed is in the car, Have to make the crossmember and hang the pedals this week. I guess I will go to AA Driveline and get a new driveshaft made too.

Comment

Update:made a crossmember using the old 4 speed one, cut it then fabed up amount and brackets and the trans is now resting on the new part. I am sure by looking at it I will have to redo the exhaust again. Just got that done last fall, Oh well I like to do stuff twice.:rotfl:

Comment

Clutch and trans are in, Driveshaft is done and it took me forever to find the old clutch and brake pedals but I managed to track it down.

Comment

I demand a ride.

Comment

Originally posted by fast toys View Post
                      I demand a ride.
                      It could happen this weekend.

Comment

Went to run the car and the temp guage showed 260° after 10 min of run time. Turns out the guage is shit. Maybe this week.

Comment

4.10's going in this week, I want this all done.

Comment

When are you going to the track with it? Need to see it run?

Comment

Originally posted by bbcmalibu View Post
                              When are you going to the track with it? Need to see it run?
                              Would be nice, But I don't think it will ever hit the track again. Last time I was there with the bird it had my pump gas friendly 454 and ran 11.90s N/A and 11.31 on a touch of spray, So I will leave it at that. I still have the Big red Camaro for the track and will go out at the end of Sept. With the upgraded 406 combo.

Was pretty happy with that old 454 that had home ported ovals on a flat top piston motor. Sold the heads this year, But gas being at around 4 bucks the little 350 Vortec engine does run and go very nice.

Comment

Working...
                              X