99 Suburban project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 99 Suburban project

Well I just finished my 99 Suburban that I got for a song. I paid just a touch over a a grand and sold the old engine out of it for $300. Got her running yesterday and it fired right up. The import tools that I work with all bad mouth my truck 'cause it's a chevy and they say Hyundai's are better. Seems to me the only thing you can tow with one of those little fake trucks are a jet ski:laughing smile:

The engine went out at 196K not because it was bad but poor repairs. The shop did an oil pan gasket, valve cover gaskets and a oil filter housing gasket.
    Here is what I think happend. The shop that did all the work did all the repairs dry started the engine and fried the bearings and that's why the engine took a dump. The Subby is loaded and is in great shape. I don't really need it but after driving my wife's blazer it really makes me miss my old full size pickup. I will post some pics later.

PS. Hiwreck did not work on this so it should run great for some time:laughing smile:

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by MR.hp; 11-06-2011, 07:47 PM.

This project is pretty much done and is a great truck to drive around.

Comment

Working...
    X