X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sad.....sad........sad.....

Pretty sad when the top 2 posts in current projects are from 2 years ago
    2001 Trans Am All Motor 9.75 @139mph

Why dont you post your projects then? There all done right? When was the last time you been down the 1/4 mile with your car? Just the way it is, project take alot of time and money.
    90 5.0 GT New combo
    11.84 @ 113 1.64 60' Dynoed 428hp 419tq Dyno Vid Dyno sheet

Comment

Originally posted by ramairws6 View Post
      Pretty sad when the top 2 posts in current projects are from 2 years ago
      I guess no one is doing much. You sure can tell by the sites lately, Not much is being said and not much is being built.

Comment

Originally posted by fastkeen View Post
        Why dont you post your projects then? There all done right? When was the last time you been down the 1/4 mile with your car? Just the way it is, project take alot of time and money.
        I have projects going everyday in my shop, even working 60-70 hour weeks at another full time job sometime. I don't spend my time in a bar every other day or smoozing women. Some people just bother me when all the have to do is come home after work and sit on the couch and eat cheetoes and watch the boob tube.

I guess i wasn't gearing this post at bashing you Fastkeen but i guess you took it that way!?? I'm just not understanding why nobody posts about their projects or rides is all. Oh well...............

Comment

Took it the wrong way. Maybe there in there shops working on there cars and have no time to post, dont know. You should post that Chevelle project you did. Did he ever get that to the dyno? And didnt you put a differarnt cam in your car?
          90 5.0 GT New combo

Comment

Some off my mods over the winter have been a new and improved cam, new PAC .700 lift springs and all new battery cable running from the battery in the back forward. Finally took care of my slow crank issue!

Comment

Originally posted by ramairws6 View Post
              Some off my mods over the winter have been a new and improved cam, new PAC .700 lift springs and all new battery cable running from the battery in the back forward. Finally took care of my slow crank issue!
              How big of battery cable are you running?
              90 5.0 GT New combo

Comment

Originally posted by fastkeen View Post
                How big of battery cable are you running?
                I went with 0/0 welding cable with a huge amount of strands and a lot of flexability. It was a little on the spendy side but well worth it. All of the charging and starting issues i have been battling for years are gone!

Comment

Yeah, I had issues when I mounted the battery in the trunk of my Chevelle. The 0/0 worked fine but I almost burned the car up at BIR.

I had the car loaded on my old hauler and threw some lawn chairs in the trunk and shut it. Luckily a little voice told me to get out and walk around to make sure everything was secure. I noticed something red dripping from under the rear. I opened the trunk and saw flames shooting out. The cable had pinched against where I ran it through the trunk pan and the heat from the shorting caught the cable covering on fire. Luckily, I had just mounted a fire extinguisher in the Chevelle. I yanked the positive cable off and hit the flame with the extinguisher.

Fortunately, the heat from the fire and burning cable didn't cause the tank to explode. "71s have 4 other lines at the front of the tank close to where I ran the cable.

When I got home, I put the battery back in the stock location. Felt it wasn't worth the hassle for the slight gain in traction.

Comment

Originally posted by Z28SSMAN View Post
                    Yeah, I had issues when I mounted the battery in the trunk of my Chevelle. The 0/0 worked fine but I almost burned the car up at BIR.

I had the car loaded on my old hauler and threw some lawn chairs in the trunk and shut it. Luckily a little voice told me to get out and walk around to make sure everything was secure. I noticed something red dripping from under the rear. I opened the trunk and saw flames shooting out. The cable had pinched against where I ran it through the trunk pan and the heat from the shorting caught the cable covering on fire. Luckily, I had just mounted a fire extinguisher in the Chevelle. I yanked the positive cable off and hit the flame with the extinguisher.

Fortunately, the heat from the fire and burning cable didn't cause the tank to explode. "71s have 4 other lines at the front of the tank close to where I ran the cable.

When I got home, I put the battery back in the stock location. Felt it wasn't worth the hassle for the slight gain in traction.
                    I accounted for that when i did the mod and threw a 200 amp fuse on the main ground to the battery.....

Comment

Working...
                    X