Well it finaly made it to Anoka

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well it finaly made it to Anoka

Was down there last Saturday night but the drive was to much fun on the way home. I had a valve come out of adjustment when I got there and she sounded a little tough. Made it home ok, pulled all the rockers off and in process of putting roller rockers on. Was kinda fun watching the looks on peoples faces that know something about cars when they saw the Chevy motor in the Falcon. Others would come up and ask if it was a 289 or something and when I told them 350 they's say you mean 351. lol Nope...

Picked up some different rims for front and rear to get rid of the slots. Should be able to get them switched out this weekend. Had the car on Craigslist for a couple days and got some trade offers but nothing else so I decided to make a drive in it. Thats the farthest it's been since I got it. Been to busy driving the Chrysler around. Time to change my thinking..... :)
    Attached Files

Week before

Sally and I made it down to Anoka in the Chrysler 300K. Been to busy to enjoy anything with the cars this summer so far.
    Attached Files

Comment

Cool cars and I will get to Anoka when I get a couple of other things done to the bird.
      Get any offers of your car yet?

Comment

Originally posted by tcat55371 View Post
        Sally and I made it down to Anoka in the Chrysler 300K. Been to busy to enjoy anything with the cars this summer so far.
        Love that 300!
        ------------------------------------
        Let the hating begin!

Comment

Well

Getting offers for trades and thats about it. Pulled the ad, going to keep working on it. I like driving it more than the 300 so I'm toying with the idea of selling that maybe. I dont know, I have to much stuff and getting tired of always having to move it around to get to something else. I picked up a pretty nice 79 Mercedes 300SD turbo Diesel 4dr to turn around so that needs to get done. Waiting on the title from the state and they say still 8wks out. Man I wish I could work as slow as them.... lol

I put different rims and tires on the Falcon this week, roller rockers and fount a Borg Warner 5 speed for it. Trying to figure out how I can get another 4 inches of height in the front to get rid of the rake.

The 300 just got new control arm bushings, front shocks and a alignment. Steering gear box is next this winter I hope. Has some rust on the rockers that needs to be cut out too but the rest of the car is solid.

John
          Attached Files
          Last edited by tcat55371; 08-10-2012, 04:43 AM. Reason: ...

Comment

Working...
          X