What do you guys think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you guys think?

Since I have had some super stupid offers on my old Suburban I think I might make a beater race truck out of it. Years ago I used to do this all the time and I sure had a lot of fun with those sleepers. I know this truck is a little on the heavy side but it would be for racing other trucks and I am sure with the right engine it will take out some cars too.

Here is the plan:> Sell the current 454 TBI engine that is in the truck,
    Put in my 461 that was in the bird that ran 11.90's and add some spray.
    The truck already has 3.73 gears and a stout turbo 400 so all I will need is to convert it to headers, get rid of the crummy TBI fuel pump, put killer carb and
    Ign. on it. Should make for a real good show when the so called fast diesel trucks want to play around. LS turbo engine would be cool too but I already have the 461 but if some stuff got sold I might consider it.

Sure as hell an mot going to sell the truck to anyone for the shitty offers of $500 as it is still a great driving truck so I will just run it in the ground.

What do yuo guys think?

Hey

Sounds like fun. Just watch out for the Black Dodge Diesel from Zimmerman, I hear it runs 9's. I'm getting the same kind of response's on my stuff. Lots of trades out there but i think people are holding onto cash until they see if Obama stays in or not.

John

Comment

Originally posted by tcat55371 View Post
      Sounds like fun. Just watch out for the Black Dodge Diesel from Zimmerman, I hear it runs 9's. I'm getting the same kind of response's on my stuff. Lots of trades out there but i think people are holding onto cash until they see if Obama stays in or not.

John

Video of said 9 sec. truck?

Comment

Well

I was told it ran 9's but the only video I can find shows it in low 10's at the Rock

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TG4awDLVr4

I take that back, top video is 9.93 off his business webpage

http://jagsprotruckshop.com/videos
        Last edited by tcat55371; 08-30-2012, 06:56 AM. Reason: .

Comment

If no one buys it at the roadsters swap this weekend the project will begin. I just hate to scrap this nice truck out.

Comment

Looks like it's a go for as my Son calls the truck, Deceptacon Suburban 454.

Comment

Working...
            X