• Show
Clear All

• The 87 Mustang GT project

P3160158.JPG

100_0291.jpg

100_0248.jpg

100_0286.jpg

100_0289.jpg
    While my son-in-law was in Afghanistan securing our safety I hi-jacked his streeter mustang to convert it to fit the dreams he had for it. More than a few things cropped up but the previous owner had run 10.08 and the car took that. Did I mention its a Tee top car. Look at the pictures, the upper and lower torque boxes were torn completely out and pushed forward 2 inches, the uppers were torn also, any place there is visable weld, there was a tear in the metal. Built a complete cage, different than any I had done before. This tied in the rear sway bar mount, upper control arms on the rear and the rear tubs and floor, complete welded and reinforced frame connectors as well as tied into the front strut towers, this car is as tough as it gets without going to a full chassis and I doubt it would be beneficial. I did built a set of coil overs and adjustable shock mounts for the adjustability and it has the coil over kit on the front. If there is any interest I will post more pictures, I documented every thing for Mike so he could be up on the procedures done. The way it sits now it is ready for the built 302 while the 408 is being done. It has a C-4 full rollerized with a super strong converter for our application and a 4.30 gear with 35 spline and a spool so it will require certification at some point. Needless to say he was more than a little emotional, he sat in the car for 2 hours before anyone interupted him, and that was his 5 year old son. It's a cool project that isn't completed but we will make passes next year if all expectations are met.

Sounds like a fun project. Tell your son in law thanks for all he has done for the U.S.

Comment

Working...
    X